Saturday, October 8, 2011

You Make Me SMILE!

Happy Saturday Stampers! My creation today is for my husband. We met seventeen years ago and that's a special occasion that we like to celebrate every year. This card will find its' way into dh's briefcase this week, and it is perfect for this week's Blogger's Challenge. The theme is "Falling for You" and seeing how I fell for my dh that very first date...it fits pretty well.

I combined the Blogger's Challenge with the TCP Tuesday Challenge (Hype the Type). All of the papers are from My Mind's Eye. My sentiment is a mixture of three different sets from The Cat's Pajama's! The "You make" is from the What a Blast Set. The "Me" is from the Ewe Complete Me set, and the "Smile" is from the Kick Some Grass set. I used some faux stitching and some machine stitching as well. My other accents include some American Crafts ribbon, the TCP Icing CutUps, and the TCP Flower Buttons CutUps. The sketch is from the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club a few week's ago.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit with me. Have a beautiful weekend...Toodles! :D

11 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Wonderful use of the MME papers!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is a great fall card and nice for a man too. How cute that you and your DH still remember and celebrate your 'first meeting.' So sweet. I love the papers on this card and I'm impressed with how you lined up all the mixed words from different sets to get your sentiment.

Vickie Z said...

Adorable card and congrats to you!!! Met my DH in the 8th grade...whoa... Really long time ago!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your great card! How fun that you sneak notes into hubby's briefcase...I used to do that....!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the sentiment as your focal point, gorgeous colors.

Chrissy D said...

Ohh love the papers you chose! Gorgeous card!

Terry said...

This is so pretty! Love the background papers and how sweet to sneak in a precious little smile to your hubby!

Shirley said...

How very warm and Fall beautiful! I love your whole design and use of DP's too!

Clara said...

This is an awesome card. Love the colors, layout, and everything else about it too. :)

Jenny said...

Wow- this is so pretty!! LOVE!

Alma de la Rosa said...

What a wonderful card and pretty color combo.