Friday, October 14, 2011

Cardboard and The Cat's Pajamas


Happy Friday Friends! This is my second post for today, so if you are looking for my Right at Home Scrapbooking projects, please scroll down.

This post is all about this week's Blogger's Challenge (using cardboard) and this week's sketch from The Cat's Pajamas. Please click on the colored links to play along. When I saw the star in the sketch, I thought of Christmas. So I pulled out my new My Mind's Eye papers and got to work. I also thought that the star would look pretty good cut out of corrugated cardboard, so I combined the two challenges. The main image is from the TCP Big Bear set and the sentiment is from the TCP Your Gift set. I used my E40 Copic Marker for a few highlights on the bear and then I fussy cut him out. I added lots of different stitches to all of my layers and then I added a button made with the TCP Button CutUps.

That's about all for tonight. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...Toodles! :D

12 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

The corrugated star is perfect - it really makes big bear standout. Beautiful.

Alma de la Rosa said...

So cute! The cardboard is a wonderful touch.

Basement Stamper said...

very cute card Kimberly, love the corrugated star and the sewing.

Yvonne Garner said...

Your card I adorable, Kim. Great use of cardboard. Have a great weekend. Yvonne

Ida said...

Super Cute! The cardboard star is a really fun touch.

Michele Boyer said...

So VERY cute! I love the little stitches at the top of the sentiment!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Kimberly!!!! This is so so so adorable! Love that cute polar bear and the star is a neat touch! I hope you have a great week! :-)

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh that star behind the cute bear works perfectly. Gorgeous card!

BarbaraW said...

Adorable image against that wonderful background.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card! Love the fun image and sketch- the cardboard is perfect in a star shape!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute holiday card! Love your use of the cardboard star behind the sweet polar bear image!

Shirley said...

Too too cute for words, Kimberly! How creative with the star, etc. Fun!