Monday, May 30, 2011

Three Penguins and a Bear!

Hello Friends! I hope that you enjoyed your weekend. We went to Cape Cod for the long weekend and it was simply wonderful. Then I came home and realized that if I was going to participate in my favorite weekly challenges, then I was going to need to get stampin!. This week's TCP challenge is a sketch. You can find the sketch and all of the details to play along too over on Alma's blog. I paired my image and sentiment from the TCP Good Friends set with some Stella and Rose papers. This fun little trio is colored up with Copic Markers (BG000, C3, E13, E15, E17, R29, Y32, YR16, YR18 and the Colorless Blender) and I paper pieced the rug with some more My Mind's Eye papers. I also used Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black card stock. The Pumpkin Pie layer is embossed with the Seeing Spots Embossing Folder. Some black twill and a Papertrey Ink button with a touch of Baker's Twine complete my card.

One challenge down and two more to go! This week's Blogger's Challenge is called, "Make it Shimmer" and I always LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sketches that the Ladies over at MFT come up with each week for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club. So, I decided to combine the two challenges and this is what I came up with.

I used some more Stella and Rose papers from My Mind's Eye. This time around, I used Papertrey Ink Kraft for my card stock layers. My friend, Fred Bear, is also colored up with Copic Markers (E30, E31, E33, YG13, YG17, YR16 and YR18) and I used Star Dust Stickles on the button, the butterflies, and the blossom for my shimmer. Fred is from the Fred Bear and the Butterfly set from My Favorite Things. I also used the Simply Scallops Die-namics from MFT. Then, I added lots of sewing and finished this one off with some sparkly twill from Taylored Expressions. Happily, I was able to fit all of the stamping in that I wanted to today. I hope that you enjoyed your day too. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit with me. Until next time...Toodles! :D

6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards! The black layers really make those cute images pop! Who could resist that sweet bear paird with the wonderful MME papers!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

These are both too cute. The penguins watching a movie are darling. There are several movies that have been recommended to me. I hope our family is able to get out and see one this summer. Glad you enjoyed the weekend. It seemed to go back fast.

Basement Stamper said...

Great images and I really like these papers, they are some of my favorites. Fantastic job with the shimmering!

Connie Fossenier said...

Your Bear is just so darn cute...and love the paper you used...MME perfect.
connie paxman

Ida said...

Cute! - Yep, I adore how sweet and cute both your cards are.

Nikki Bond said...

These are adorable! :)