Friday, May 13, 2011

Challenges!!

Happy Friday Friends! I hope that you had a good week! I'm thrilled that Friday is here and now we can have a couple days of rest. I combined two challenges for today's creation. This week's Blogger's Challenge is a fun sketch from Lisa Somerville. You can find the sketch and all of the details to play along here on Lisa's blog. This week's TCP Tuesday challenge is a color challenge. You can find all of the details over on Alma's TCP Blog. Here is a peek at the color combination...Gray?? Oh my! This was a HUGE challenge for me! I couldn't find a single sheet of patterned paper with any gray of any kind on it in my stash! Mind you, I have lots of patterned paper! I couldn't find any gray buttons in my stash either...ugh! What's a girl to do? Well, with the help of my Copic Markers (or should I say marker...C3 to be exact) and a sheet of gray Core'dinations card stock, this is what I came up with.

The main image is from the Big Bear set from The Cat's Pajamas. The sentiment is from their Field of Pinwheels set. I made the flag with Laura Pryor's Sentiment Flag Die. The gray scallops were made with The Cat's Pajamas Icing CutUps. The circles follow along with Lisa's sketch and they were made with different sized Nesties. The plaid patterned paper is from the Campfire collection from October Afternoon and the green card stock is Papertrey Ink's Simply Chartreuse. It was the closest thing to Spring Moss that I had. I added lots of stitching, some ribbon, and a Simply Chartreuse button with a little bit of Baker's Twine (it had a touch of gray...yippee!) to finish this one off. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! Have a lovely weekend and until next time...Toodles! :D

14 comments:

Dana White said...

He is cute, cute, cute - just the perfect amount of shading on him!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is darling- you make the cutest cards! Love the colors together and such a cute sentiment!

BarbaraW said...

How adorable. The colors are perfect. And you even sewed on the card. What fun!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just fabulous!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Perfect background for a darling image. Love your card.

JP Card Crazy said...

I love your whimsical cards. This one is just adorable! The image is so cute. Wonderful use of the sketch!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

He is adorable. Love the stitching and your grey is fine. It's nice that it's not too grey, just a little grey accent mixed in.

Ida said...

Adorable! - Gosh I just love the cuteness of this card. Perfect papers and the right touch of gray.

Basement Stamper said...

very cute, love the polar bear image with these colors!

MJ said...

Aww, this is so cute! Love how you used that plaid paper behind the bear and then again in the background. Super fun card!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Love that polar bear image, great mix of papers!

TenSGal said...

Love the colors you chose...and the bear is just too adorable!

Lisa Bohler said...

Darling! I love the colors and that bear is too super cute!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the Polar Bear card. Reminds me of the fun times I had at Toronto Zoo when I got to see & photograph the Polar Bears being fed.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinhoneybee.blogspot.com