Friday, May 20, 2011

Blogger's Challenge...Inspiration!

Happy Friday Friends! What a long week! We will be in school for most of the month of June so I have a feeling that the remainder of the weeks are all going to feel quite long! Let's hope not though! My card today is for this week's Blogger's Challenge. Lisa Somerville has given us some inspiration to come up with our designs this week. With summer just around the corner, she picked out some wonderful pictures to inspire us. If you would like to play along, just add your link to the bottom of this post. I would love to see what you come up with too!

Here is my card. My favorite nautical set in my collection is Stampin' Up's Along the Shore (retired). I paired that up with the Happy Birthday sentiment from the retired Warmest Regards set. The main image is stamped on a scrap of Confetti paper and it is accented with Sahara Sand and Basic Black card stock and ink. I also added one of my newest My Favorite Things Die-namics. This one is called the Stacked Open Scallops Die-namics. (It seems to be out of stock at the moment, but I'm sure Kim will have it back in very soon.) I added a few mini pearls to each scallop to dress it up a little bit. Very simple card, but sometimes that is the best kind.


Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back very soon. Until then...Toodles! :D


11 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card. Beautifully created, Kim.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card, love that stacked scallops die!

Basement Stamper said...

Oh how I wish I could be lounging in that chair. Love the stacked scallops!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I love this card- I want to be sitting in that chair on a beach,.....with the waves crashing up on the shore.....I love the scallops with the pearls- great touch!

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful card. Love that scallop border with the pearls. I wish I were sitting in that chair right now enjoying a nice ocean breeze.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is really pretty Kimberly. A very nice clean and simple card. The pearls and scallops really complement the beach scene.

Lisa Bohler said...

I love the soothing colors and the lovely pearls on the scallops!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful. Your card brings back memories of my days of growing up on E coast of FL & spending days at the beach.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Great card!!! I especially love the pearls against the black border...stunning! Have a great week Kimberly!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it--esp. that I still have that stamp set--it's under the guest bed in my NEVER sell stash. You did a great job on the inspiration--lovely!

Ida said...

Beautiful card. Very serene feeling and I love the punch you used.