Sunday, January 30, 2011

Love You With All My Heart

Good Morning Friends! My card for today is for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer Contest. If you'd like to play along too, you can find all of the details here. The theme this month is called A Recipe for Love. The challenge is to make a card or project fitting the following recipe...use a Valentine's theme (check), use One Patterned Paper (check), Two Card Stock Colors (check, check), and Three Embellishments (check, check, check). Here are all of the ingredients that I used for my creation. I started off with the MFT stamp set called Love You With All My Heart. This little Valentine girl is colored up with Copic Markers (BG11, BG13, BG18, E000, E00, E11, E25, E27, E29, R20, R27, R29, and R39). The one patterned paper that I used was from the Alphabet Soup collection for girls by My Mind's Eye. The two card stock colors are from Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy) and the three embellishments that I used were red grosgrain ribbon, a PTI button, and some Baker's Twine. I wasn't sure if the little heart that I made with my Hearts a Plenty Die-namics counted as an embellishment or not, but I added it anyway. The circle and scalloped circle were made with my Nesties and I added some zig zag stitching around the circle to give it a little bit of extra interest.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit. I hope that you are enjoying your weekend. I'll be back tomorrow to share my card for the My Favorite Things sketch. See you then...Toodles! :D

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

What a SWEETIE!!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is very sweet. I love the sketch and I am always amazed at how gorgeous your stitching is. I am a little stitch phobic lately since my stitches aren't always straight!! You'll have to show me how to keep it perfectly aligned. The aqua color is really nice. The shading on her dress is just perfect. Can't wait for our get together coming up in a few weeks. Happy stamping.

Tara Godfrey said...

Super cute! Love her...need her,smile! Your colouring is fab and I love the heart, button twine embellie...really cute!
Hugs,t

Unknown said...

This is SO very sweet! Love it!

I wanted you to know what your project is being featured today on the MFT Blog as part of Our Favorite Finds!

Ree Donnelly said...

Came here from the MFT Favorite Finds post!!! Congrats to you! Beautiful work...<3