Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a Banner Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Here it is...the last night of our holiday break from school! It will be fun to head back to school tomorrow to see all of my students and colleagues, but it is always nice to have some time off. Our next day off will be when we get some of the white fluffery stuff... something that my whole family enjoys. In fact, we were fortunate to spend this vacation enjoying some ice skating, snow shoeing, and sledding. Now you can see where my inspiration for the banner came from. When I saw the My Favorite Things Guest Designer Challenge was called "It's a Banner Year", I decided to give it a try and make one. You can find all of the details about the MFT contest here. This was a lot of fun to make and something that I think I'll do for each season. (Please click on the photographs for a better view.) Our home doesn't have a fireplace mantle to hang the banner on, so I thought that the hutch in the dinning room would work well. Here is a close up shot so you can see all of the wintery details.

The banner is made from some Bo Bunny polka dotted paper that I cut into circles with my Nesties. Each circle with a letter (Tag Sale Alphabet for the Cuttlebug) has a MFT Jumbo Ric Rac Die-namic strip of Certainly Celery and some MFT Die-namic snowflakes (out of stock at the moment) that I added some buttons and Baker's Twine to. My darling image is from My Favorite Things. It is called Wyatt Just Chillin' and it's colored up with Copic Markers (BG000, BG72, BG78, C3, C5, E000, E11, E35, R20, R29, and Black). The snowflakes and pompoms on the hats have some Star Dust Stickles to make everything sparkle. I used some wide red grosgrain ribbon to hold the banner pieces together. There you have it...my very first banner. I hope you like it! Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit tonight...Toodles! :D

6 comments:

Michelle Single said...

That is crazy cute!!!!!!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is darling. It looks so sweet on the dining room hutch. I hope you get a snow day soon!

Chris said...

your banner is great and it looks great on the hutch. BUT I moved to Florida to get away from the white fluffy stuff. Would you believe my old home got 30+ inched of snow on Christmas day!
can't wait to see the spring banner

- - Sheryl - - said...

Adorable Kim!!!
I have yet to make a banner - and I could do a yours! On our hutch too - great place and out of the way... hopefully of our cat!.
Sheryl

Clara said...

Absolutely adorable banner! It looks great on your hutch too. Can't wait to see what banners you design for the other seasons. :)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is fantabulousness!! Yes, I just made up that word! I am a sucker for a banner and this one is awesome. Great job and thank you for sharing!! Happy weekend!