Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's a Snow Day!

Now, you are probably looking at my card and thinking, "Alright Kimberly...where's the snow? I don't see any snow on this card!" I'm not going completely bonkers. All of the snow is outside (almost two feet of the fluffery stuff)! My banner from this post did the trick, and we had our first snow day off from school!!

My card is for today's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club. It is now a sketch challenge each week. You can find the sketch and all of the details here. It was nice to do the challenge on the actual day that it was posted! My main image is one of the My Favorite Thing a' la modes. You can find her right here. (She is even in stock!!) I colored her up with my Copic Markers (B0000, B41, B45, C3, E000, E11, E33, E35, and E40) and paper pieced the cake. All of the patterned papers are from Melissa Frances' Kitschy Kitchen collection. The Pear Pizazz paper and ribbon are from Stampin' Up. I had so much fun with my sewing machine today. I even sewed on the half circle (insert shocked face!!) I keep practicing, and it is so nice (or shall I say "sew nice"...lol) when it turns out the way that I envision it! My sentiment flag was made with my die from Lil' Inker Designs. The buttons are from my stash and the green Baker's Twine is from Niki Estes' etsy shop. I added some Stardust Stickles to the frosting on the cake to finish this one off.

My little one has just come in from making a snow fort with Daddy and is looking for some hot chocolate. I'm off to take care of that request and to check on my pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. Thanks so much for visiting. Stay safe and warm...Toodles! :D

3 comments:

Chris said...

I LIKE IT!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is adorable. I love the polka dots and green colors. I hope you had a fun day off. From what I heard it was a lot of snow and a fun day to play in it.

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! GORGEOUS papers and I ADORE how you've paper pieced the cake!!!