Friday, January 28, 2011

Best wishes on your Birthday!

Happy Friday Friends! As I promised yesterday, I'm back today with this week's Blogger's Challenge (Birthday theme) and I also used some of my forgetten stamps for Forgotten Stamp Friday. If you'd like to play along too, you can just click on the challenge links above.

This is actually a CASE of a card that my wonderful friend Clara made. You can find her card here. The flower stamp is from the Peeking Posies set from Hero Arts. It is a favorite of mine and one of the first stamp sets that I bought when I started stamping. I fell in love with the set when Trudee Sauer would create such beautiful cards with it. I haven't used it in forever though. The sentiment is from Elzybells (sadly, they are out of business). I purchased this stamp over the summer and was thrilled to get some ink on it. The flower is colored up with Copic Markers (G21, G82, R22, R24, Y21, and Y32) and I added some Star Dust Stickles to make it sparkle. The image is paired up with Stampin' Up's Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, and some retired SU designer paper. The yellow polka dotted paper is from Bo-Bunny. The buttons were made with the SU Button die in Cameo Coral. (I really like everything to match...lol!)

Thanks so much for visiting with me today! Stay warm...Toodles!

17 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Love this card. The colors together are awesome. The layout is wonderful, and the flower is so pretty.

Jane Bosi said...

Very Pretty!! Love the layout and everything else!

MJ said...

Love this layout. Great birthday card. I need to check out that forgotten stamp challenge, I have literally hundreds of stamps that have been long forgotten. So sad.

Tami Black said...

I love the paper, love the layers and you are right -- one fabulous image. This is a perfect birthday card!

Ida said...

What a pretty card. Love that DP (that was a favorite of mine) and the flower stamp is just lovely. I'm glad you dusted it off for this refreshing card.

Basement Stamper said...

The flower is beautiful and I love those soft colors on this card.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Wonderful card,Kim! Beautiful.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, love your color combination and design!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

A flower card - how sweet. Glad you inked this one up again. How cute is this and one of your first stamps. I love the colors. You'll have to show me how you made those buttons. Are they a die? Very nice and no stitching!

Trudee said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't packed my stamps for tomorrow's sale yet, but now I don't think I'll be able to let this set go! I love that flower. This card is so lovely, Kimberly! Brings back good memories for me. Thanks for that, my sweet friend. :)

Marsha Fisher said...

So pretty! Love the colors and layout :0)

Lisa Bohler said...

The layout is super cute and the colors are a great combo!

Nikki Bond said...

Love the simplicity...yet its bold! Gorgeous! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

Love the layout you used for this. Great job on your card--love seeign what you come up with.

Jessie/knightrone said...

I think I need to make a team, and put you on it!! You rock for always playing along girl....ROCK!!! LOVE this!!

JP Card Crazy said...

I agree that flower is so elegant! Love your layout and your coloring is perfect!

Chrissy D said...

ACK! LOVE this layout Kimberly. LOVELY card!