Monday, January 31, 2011

Key to My Heart and Better Get Better!

Happy Monday! I cannot believe that it is the last day of January! We've had so much time off from school because of snow that this month went by in the blink of an eye! February isn't looking much better weather wise either. We are expecting at least two feet of the fluffery stuff starting tomorrow morning! TWO more FEET! ACK! Good thing I'm not the one that does most of the shoveling...lol!

I have two cards to share with you today. I needed another Valentine card so I decided to try the My Favorite Things Recipe for Love Guest Designer contest again. You can find all of the details here. I started off with the MFT a' la mode set called Key to My Heart. This sweetie is colored up with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E11, E25, E29, E40, R20, R30, R32, R35, Y21, and Y26) and then I sewed on a panel of Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet. To follow the recipe, I used Quite Contrary paper from My Mind's Eye for the one patterned paper, Berry Sorbet and Aqua Mist for the two card stock colors, and my three embellishments are Berry Sorbet Ribbon and Buttons and a little key charm that I found in my stash. I also added a piece of Berry Sorbet that I ran through my 'Bug with the MFT Die-namics Little Open Scallop Strip die on the bottom of the patterned paper. A little paper piercing on the top and the bottom of the card finishes this Valentine off.

My next card follows the My Favorite Things sketch from last Wednesday. You can find the sketch and all of the details about playing along right here. This time I used one of my Pure Innocence stamps from MFT. This precious little one and the sentiment are from the Better Get Better set. She is colored up with Copic Markers (C3, E000, E00, E11, E33, E35, E37, G20, G21, R20, R81, R83, and R85) and then cut out and then added to an embossed circle of Stampin' Up's Pink Pirourette. I then layered that onto a piece of Chocolate Chip that I ran through my 'Bug with the MFT Die-namics Dainty Lace Doily Die. The patterned paper is from Memory Box and I sewed that panel onto a layer of Chocolate Chip and then attached that to a Pink Pirourette card base. The chocolate satin ribbon is from Michaels. This card is for our school nurse. She is having some neck and back troubles, so I thought that this might help her feel a little bit better.

Thank you so much for visiting with me today. Enjoy the rest of your evening and try to stay warm...Toodles! :D

4 comments:

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Kim,
These are really great. I love them both. I like how you fussy cut the images out and then adhere them on top of your circle images. I struggle to get the full image from my MFT stamps on my big circles. This technique seems like a great way to get around that. I love that little key adornment on the key to my heart card. This is a very nice touch. Looks like a little more card making time these next few days. Stay warm and start planning for school on Saturdays, during Feb or April break or into July! Yikes!

Michele Boyer said...

These are both SO cute!!! I was "awww-ing" at the first only to scroll down to see a second, just as sweet!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh both so SWEET!!~

Ree Donnelly said...

So, so pretty, Kim! Love the colors, too.