Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Friday!


Today's card is for this week's Blogger's Challenge (it's a sketch). I really think that Jessica's idea for "Forgotten Stamp Friday" is fantastic, so I found a stamp that is at least six month's old so that I could combine the two. Here is a picture of the sketch if you'd like to give it a try as well.

I started off with my "Forgotten Stamp". Her name is Rosie Posy and she is from Lili of the Valley. You can find her right here. Like my other LOTV stamps, she arrived last March in my birthday package to myself. Sadly, she has never seen ink. That is, until now! I paired this little sweetie with some Quite Contrary papers from My Mind's Eye. (Thanks Joanne! I just had to pull out my papers after I saw you use some of yours. You can see Joanne's darling creation here.) Her vest is paper pieced and she is colored up with Copic Markers (BG000, E000, E11, E25, E27, R20, R81, R83, R85, Y32, Y35, YG63, YG67, and the Colorless Blender.) The Pink Pirouette panel was embossed in my Cuttlebug with my Swiss Dots embossing folder. All of the panels were layered with black. Then I added some Star Dust Stickles to her bouquet, a Papertrey Ink black button. and some Baker's Twine from Niki's etsy shop to finish this one up.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today! I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I'm fortunate enough to be heading to Right at Home Scrapbooking for another fabulous class with Joanne Basile! I had such a good time at Joanne's last class. I'm sure that this one will be just as wonderful! Enjoy your weekend...Toodles! :D

ETA: We are trying something new over at the Blogger's Challenge. If you would like to play along with our challenge, you may link your creation below and you'll also get to see what everyone else has come up with. Hope that you can join in the fun! :D


20 comments:

BarbaraW said...

So adorable. Great combination of image and background paper.

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Wonderful use of color and papers!

Pat Huntoon said...

Terrific coloring. Love the string, too!

Jodi Collins said...

This is AWESOME!! LOVE this image!

Ida said...

Awwww isn't she adorable! What a cute and sweet card. So glad you inked her up.

Barbara said...

Such a sweet image...and, of course, your coloring is just amazing! Love the papers you combined with the image and the baker's twine. Been thinking about buying some myself...now I just may have to! Awesome card!!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Adorable card, Kimberly. Beautifully created as always.

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, she's adorable and I have many of those forgotten stamps, so many I'm selling some! Very cute!

Tami Black said...

Oooh, what a sweet image! Love your combination of patterned papers and this image is adorable. Absolutely makes me smile!

Marsha Fisher said...

So glad you "remembered" her...she is adorable! I LOVE that BG paper from MME too. Great job on the sketch!

JP Card Crazy said...

Adorable card and great papers. Your coloring if fantastic...last but not least love that imaged!

Jessie/knightrone said...

LOVE this!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along!! I am having so much fun with this challenge!! Even if no one plays, it is nice to use what I have!

Chrissy D said...

Oh this is SO sweet. Love the pinks and papers!

Vickie Z said...

Yikes... my goal is to get everything "inked" this year and you are well on the way!! Gorgeous coloring and she is adorable!! Papers are perfect!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What an adorable image- I love the colors you put together here! Very pretty DSP.

Jane Bosi said...

Caaa-UTE!!!!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

So sweet. I love the mix of patterned paper. Especially her dress in the gingham. What a darling image.

Lisa Bohler said...

Super combo of texture and pattern. Love how you wrapped the string around several times!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just adorable, your usual colorful, fun cards and always my fav stop!

Nikki Bond said...

Love that image and the DSP is adorable! {SMILES}