Friday, January 7, 2011

A Few Challenges Rolled into One!

Happy Friday! I combined a few challenges for today's card. I started with Jen Del Muro's Sketch For You to Try. You can find Jen's creation and the sketch right here. This week's Blogger's Challenge is a color challenge (Brown, Green, and Yellow). You can find a list of the players here. Then I came across another challenge during my blog hopping travels. Jessica Rone has a new challenge over on her blog on Fridays called, "Forgotten Stamp Friday". Basically, you find a stamp that you haven't used in the past six months and give it a little love. What a great idea! You can find all of the details for that challenge here.

So here is my sweet bear from Lili of the Valley. I bought it last March as a birthday gift to myself and I used it last April. When I saw this week's Blogger's Challenge colors, I thought of this fuzzy little guy and his huge flower. He is colored up with Copic Markers (B21, B23, E29, E33, E35, E37, R29, Y21, Y35, YG63, and YG67). I paired him up with a green layer of October Afternoon paper, a piece of yellow Cosmo Cricket paper, and some Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip paper. My sewing machine was also used on each layer. The sentiment is from the Pure Innocence Flurry of Love set from My Favorite Things. (It seems to be out of stock at the moment.) To make the sentiment flag, I used my new die from Lil' Inker Designs. Oh me, oh my!!! I love this thing! Thanks so much Laura! It is wonderful to work with! The button is from my stash and I added a double thread of Chocolate Baker's Twine to finish this one up.

Thanks so much for visiting with me! I'm in the midst of cleaning up my stamping room, but I should be back with another creation this weekend. See you then...Toodles! :D

16 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute image, love that big flower, wonderful coloring!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love it...great image, the bear is adorable with the flower...Gorgeous artwork.

JP Card Crazy said...

Love the image and your coloring is great!!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Yep, fer sure, it's so pretty, it's so cute really say's it all here, luv your cute image and the bright colors, good layout too! hugz

Stampin in the suburbs said...

What a great card. I love this little critter. He is one of the cutest bears I've seen. I love his flower too. I too must clean my stamping room, but I'm not sure I'll get to that today. We still have all our christmas decorations up. First things, first.

Lisa Bohler said...

Wonderful idea to use the flower for your yellow inspiration and the layout and card is fabulous! Superb job with this challenge!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

You ROCK!! Thanks so much for playing along!! What a gorgeous creation!!

Ida said...

How sweet! Love your image (glad you dusted him off)and how cheery your card is. Perfect for a pick me up on a cold wintery day. Thanks for the link about the Flag Die too.

Marsha Fisher said...

Love the fun BG papers, the layout and the bear is so cute carrying that huge flower :0)!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this pretty card- beautifully colored and the layout is just great!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful coloring on this image and it goes well with the Mojo sketch. Great job!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC job on this--love the image you choose--great to have you with us! Hugs, Nola

Chrissy D said...

Ohh my, this is ADORABLE! I love the papers and your coloring! Great card!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh I'm so glad I saw this at the SFYTT!!!!! I LOOOVE that you used the Sentiment Flags die so PERFECTLY!!! I am so happy you like it. Yay! This totally made my day! BTW, this card totally ROCKS!!!!

Nikki Bond said...

This is adorable! Love that image and the DSP is fantastic! {SMILES}

Amy Sheffer said...

This is FABULOUS! Love that image and your coloring. Great job with the SFYTT, too!