Monday, July 25, 2011

My Favorite Things Monday!

Happy Monday Friends! Did you have a wonderful weekend? We had a quiet one and I love it that way! I have a couple of MFT cards to share with you today. The first one is perfect for the rainy Monday that we are having here in New England.

For this week's MFT sketch, I used the My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Umbrella Girl. She is colored up with Copic Markers (BG000, E000, E00, E01, E23, E27, E42, R11, R83, R85, YG11, YG13, and the Colorless Blender) and I paper pieced her umbrella and boots. If you would like to see the original sketch and play along with the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club, just head over to the MFT blog here. The patterned papers are from The Girls' Paperie and I used Stampin' Up Rose Red card stock and Papertrey Ink Kraft card stock for the accents. The sentiment was made with the MFT Notched Tag Die-namics set. I also used the Die-namics Open Scallop Edge die. The main panel was embossed with the Cuttlebug Seeing Spots Embossing Folder. I added some Seam Binding, Baker's Twine, and some machine stitching to finish this card up.

For this card, I used an older sketch from the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club. I've had this stamp for awhile now and it was time for this little cutie to meet some ink! She is from the Pure Innocence Rose set and I used Copic Markers to color her up (B00, B12, BG000, E000, E00, E01, E23, E27, R11, R32, R35, RV14, YG13, YG61, YG63, and the Colorless Blender). I've been using lots of patterned papers from The Girls' Paperie lately, and I included them on this card too. The card base and die cuts were made with Papertrey Ink Kraft card stock. I included the Dizzy Doily Die-namics and the Die-namics Double Scallop Border die (it seems to be out of stock at the moment). Some taffeta ribbon and a strip of faux stitching completes this card. Thanks so much for stopping by today...Toodles! :D

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Okay for you, Kim. Your first card is just too too cute and pretty too. It's that second card with the Dye-namics that really begs for me to feed my habit, lady!!! I love what you did with the doily and that edge!!

Nancy Thomas said...

Both cards are super cute Kim - the first one uses one of my very favorite P.I.s.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh 2 SWEET cards!!`

Joanna McDonald said...

Love both of your cards! The paper
piecing is really awesome and I love you use of dies on the second
one. Beautiful coloring too!!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

so adorable. I love the doily.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Totally adorable cards! I love love love that pretty floral umbrella and both cards are so cute!!! Have a great day!