Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fly Me to the Moon...

Let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. Now that you have one of my favorite songs stuck in your head, I'll let you in on a little something about myself. I simply LOVE music from Frank Sinatra! I've been a big fan since I was a little girl. I LOVE Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. too! The sentiment was reason enough to grab this new TCP set, but I LOVE the bunny in the hot air balloon too! How fun! You can find this set from The Cat's Pajamas right here. The TCP Tuesday Challenge this week is to watercolor. It has been quite a while since I've done that, but I thought that I'd give it a whirl! I used Creamy Caramel and Pixie Pink ink on the bunny and the balloon's basket is watercolored with Chocolate Chip. The little presents and strings on the balloon basket are rather tiny, so I used Copic Markers (BG11, C1, YR21) to color them in. All of the patterned papers are from the Fly A Kite collection from October Afternoon. I also used some Papertrey Ink Kraft card stock and some machine stitching. For the clouds, I used the new TCP Cloud Border CutUps. I simply cut the clouds apart after I ran them through the Cuttlebug with some white felt. The My Favorite Things Jumbo Ric Rac Die-namics was used on the bottom of the card with a button accent that I made with the TCP Flower Buttons CutUps and some Lemon Divine Twine.

The weather has been beautiful here in New England. I hope that you have had a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for visiting with me...Toodles! :D

7 comments:

Karrie Baker said...

Your card is so cute!! :)

Melanie said...

Love this card - esp the bunny with his big ears enjoying the trip. Justifies why I follow your blog!

- - Sheryl - - said...

The bunny is sooo cute!!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is ADORABLE! LOVE the colors and this little cutie is WAY fun!! Sorry I haven't been by in AGES! Hope you are doing great!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable card... I think Frank, Dean, and Sammy would have loved it!! Saving for a wedding and have to make my "moola" stretch but, I sure want this bunny and the one in the airplane too!! Love the colors.... great card!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

OMG OMG OMG! This might be my favorite card of yours! It's so great!! Thanks for sharing and have a happy day Kimberly!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is so cute. I love your paper piecing and yes, now that song is stuck in my head also (not a bad thing!)