Monday, December 12, 2011

A LONG Post!!

Hello Friends! I have a lot to share with you this evening. I hope that you will bear with me. I have a card for this month's Sketch For You To Try, and because it is December, it is the last sketch of the year. If you played along in each of the monthly sketches, you need to list all of your previous cards in order to be eligible for Jen's BIG prize. So, I thought that I'd share the cards again and the original posts. (This month's sketch is the next to the last card in this post. I combined it with the color challenge from The Cat's Pajamas. The last card in this post is the sketch from the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club.) Here goes. My January's card and the blog link.

Here is my February card and blog link.

Here is March's sketch card and blog link.

Here is April's card and blog link.

Here is the card for May's sketch and the blog link.

Up next, June's card and blog link.

Here is the card for July's sketch and the blog link.

Here is my card for the August sketch and my blog link.

Up next, my card for the September sketch and the blog link.

Are you still with me? I hope so! Here is my card for October's sketch and my blog link.

Here is my November card and the blog link.

Finally, here is my card for Jen's December Sketch For You To Try.

I combined Jen's sketch (which I printed out and never realized that I was looking at it upside down the whole time I was designing this card...lol!) with the color challenge from The Cat's Pajamas. The challenge is to use Pale Pink, Red, and Steel Gray. You can find all of the details on Alma's Blog. My sweet image is from the TCP Raising Cane set. He is colored up with Copic Markers (C0, C1, G21, G24, R29, R39, R81, and R83) and the sparkle is from Star Dust Stickles. The papers are from Echo Park and Memory Box. The gray buttons were made with The Cat's Pajama's Buttons CutUps. I also added some Oyster Divine Twine, some TCP Seam Binding, and a bit of machine stitching.

There you have it. A whole year's worth of Jen's FABULOUS sketches!! I do have one more card to share with you tonight. My aunt passed away yesterday. Aunt Rita was a wonderful and loving lady and I will miss her. She loved crafts and sewing and I find myself thinking of her all of the time when I am stamping. This is the sympathy card that will go out to my uncle and cousins. Aunt Rita always appreciated something handmade and I know that she would love this card.

I used the past sketch from the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club. You can find the sketch and all of the details to play along here. The papers are from My Mind's Eye. The sentiment is from the My Favorite Things More Essential Sentiments set. It is stamped onto a die cut that I made with the MFT Die-namics Framed Greetings die. Some machine stitching and a trio of pearls complete my card.

Thank you so much for visiting with me tonight. I had a ball looking back at all of my SFYTT cards, and I hope that you enjoyed them too. Enjoy the rest of your evening...Toodles! :D

5 comments:

Lori said...

Wow--I loved looking back at all of your cards for Jen's challenge this year! And, I love your card for this month's challenge and the TCPTuesday color challenge. Isn't that candy cane carrying bunny the cutest thing? So sorry to hear about your aunt. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

how fun to see all these cards in one place. YOu have such a versatile card making style. Each of the cards is so unique and pretty. I'm so sorry for your families loss. I'll be praying for you all.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

What a wonderful, crafty year-in-SFYTT review, Kimberly! Your cards are all terrific. I'm so sorry about your aunt. I'm sure she would love and appreciate your card, as I know her family will. Hugs.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

WOWZA!!! What a great post! Thanks for always having such a great project and a happy word to share with us. LOVE your creations. Have a wonderful day Kimberly! :-)

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful... Enjoying every one!!! Thinking of you with your Aunt....honestly...it's hard getting older (not that YOU are) know it's the cycle of life but, it's hard to lose the ones you love!!!