Friday, February 18, 2011

A Few Challenges Rolled into One!


Happy Friday Friends! It is especially happy because I now have a week off from work! I love the little kiddos at school, but it is always nice to have extra time to be home with my family too!

Today's card combines some of my favorite challenges! Here are the details and the links for all of them. On Fridays I LOVE to do Blogger's Challenge (this week's theme is embossing) and Jessie's Forgotten Stamp Friday (make a card or project using a stamp that hasn't been used or has been owned and NOT used for at least six months). My sketch is from Jen Del Muro's monthly Sketch For You To Try. The inspiration for this card came from the challenge over at The Cat's Pajama's. If you would like to play along in any of these challenges, just click on the blue words and you'll be taken right there.

I used Copic Markers (E11, E15, E17, E21, E25, E29, and the Colorless Blender) to color up PJ bear from the "A Cuppa" set from The Cat's Pajama's. The apron and the tea cup/soup bowl are paper pieced. All of the patterned papers are from the New Arrival collection from Pebbles, Inc. and the Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip card stock is from Stampin' Up. The inspiration piece over at TCP has lots of blues and browns and dots, so I embossed the main image before I colored it and then I used the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Embossing Folder on the circular piece behind PJ and the main Chocolate Chip panel. The brown buttons are from Papertrey Ink and the large blue button is from my stash. The brown polka dotted ribbon is from May Arts.

This card will go in the pack for DH's grandmother, who likes cards without sentiments on the front. That way she can use them for just about any occasion. While this one is perfect for a get well card, I think that it also works for thinking of you or a birthday card for anyone that likes a good cup of tea. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your evening! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. I'll be back at some point this weekend. Until then...Toodles! :D

16 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute is that! Fab color combination,love the matching paper pieced apron!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am a tea drinker- this is so sweet..your coloring is just perfect and the embossing is a great accent!

Sandy O said...

What an adorable image. I, too, like to keep my cards generic when I make them. I often just stamp "Just A Note" on the inside for that very reason.

Tami Black said...

Love the layout, the colors, the embellishments -- just everything about this card! So darned cute!

Jacqueline said...

Kimberly, thats so cute! Love the bear complimented with the embossing dots - cute. I would love you to check out my submission (#21) also posted on my blog

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

L-O-V-E this!!!! Great way to combine all those challenges too. Really great.

Rose said...

Love your card and all the fabu embellishments. Beautiful coloring and fun papers.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is so cute. I think this image goes perfectly with this layout. Adorable.

Barbara said...

How adorable! (You always have the cutest images!!) Love the color combo and the paper piecing. GREAT card for so many challenges.

Lisa Bohler said...

I love the touches of embossing that you used to create a fabulous card!

Basement Stamper said...

Oh, I'd love to have Grandma's stockpile of cards ;-) This card is so cute!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh, this is FABULOUS!!

JP Card Crazy said...

Soooooo cute!!! Love the image and the colors!

BarbaraW said...

What an adorable image. The background paper is super.

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh SO adorable! Love your paper piecing!

Ida said...

Adorable card. That image would make anyone feel better and the colors you used look awesome together.