Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cupcakes!!!

Happy Sunday! Are you surprised that I'm posting on a Sunday? I am...lol! Aside from Church this morning and a quick trip to the grocery store, we've spent the day at home together, and that is always a good thing!

Two of my favorite challenges this summer have been Jen Del Muro's weekly Sketch for You to Try and the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club. I started off with Jen's fabulous sketch from Friday and combined it with the MFT challenge. This week we are to use one of my favorite things...cupcakes! At first, that posed a little problem because I do not own any MFT stamps with cupcakes, so I had to get a little creative. I stamped up MFT Birthday Princess minus the cake and candles. In their place, I attached a cupcake brad from Doodlebug Designs. I'm very happy with the way that it turned out. What do you think? The sentiment is also from the same set. My little Birthday Princess is colored up with Copic Markers (BG10, C0, E000, E00, E01, E29, E30, E33, R20, RV11, RV34, Y21, Y32 and the Colorless Blender) and I used a white gel pen to give her crown some polka dots to match her cupcake frosting. The papers are from all different companies. I still don't know how I made it all seem to work, but I'm so glad that it turned out the way I envisioned it. The main layer is from Basic Grey and the vertical green polka dotted piece is from Scenic Route. The yellow polka dotted pieces are from Bo Bunny and the So Saffron and Rose Red accents are from Stampin' Up. I used my new Big Scalloped Rectangle Nesties on the Rose Red layer behind the main image. I just picked these Nesties up last night at AC Moore with a 50% off coupon!!! I really like the look of the bigger scallops. If you have a chance to play with Jen's sketch or the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club challenge, let me know. I'd love to hop by your blog too!

I hope you all like this creation as much as I do! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a Happy Monday tomorrow....Toodles! :D

9 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card-Love the yellows & pinks together.

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET, I love her.

Lori said...

So pretty--and creative! Love how you used the cupcake brad.

Anonymous said...

very cute!!! A crown and a cupcake!! What more could a girl want?!?! :)

jennik

Kelli Hull said...

Umm, HELLO!!!! That is a PERFECT LIFE... Wearing the crown and EATING the cupcake... **sigh** what I wouldn't do to be young again! LMAO

GREAT Card and it's a FANTASTIC Sketch this week AGAIN... gonna have to play again soon!!!!!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Hi Kim - this si adorable - glad to see ACM has nesties
Will have to check it out

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Just precious! Love your sunny color combo & layout!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Just precious! Love your sunny color combo & layout!

g said...

she's totally adorable & what an incredible layout! that brad just makes you smile-too sweet!