Monday, January 14, 2008

Tall and Thin!


Well...not ME...the card! LOL! I only wish! I'm working on the thin part, but the tall part...ain't ever happenin'!!! I am definitely vertically challenged (almost five feet tall...), but that's alright, I married tall!!!


This is another card for one of Sharon's Challenges...make a tall and thin card. My Bashful Blue card base is 4" x 8". The patterned paper is from last year's Sale-A-Bration Simply Scrappin' kit called Just Delightful, and it is just that...DELIGHTFUL! I love the celery color and the pattern so it was a must have and I'm so glad that I got it! I added some Regal Rose stripes and did a little bit of faux stitching on one of them. The pretty blue grosgrain is from Sweet Miss Daisy's shop. It matches perfectly! The sentiment is from one of the retired All Year Cheer sets. I love these flower blossoms! They are from the Delight in Life set, which was also from last year's Sale-A-Bration. I inked them up in Black Stazon and stamped them on watercolor paper. Regal Rose and Certainly Celery inks were used to watercolor them, and them I cut them out. This set doesn't have a leaf stamp, so I just stamped an extra blossom and cut it apart to make the leaf. Then I added the smaller blossom to the middle and added a little pearl (Hero Arts) for the center. The flowers have adhesive dots underneath to add a little bit of dimension.

We are having a SNOW day here today (about a foot of the fluffy, fun stuff) so hopefully, I will be able to tackle another card for today! So glad that you could stop by...Toodles! :D

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Just wonderful -- love it!!! Another pretty and cute card -- LOL!!! Love your title by the way!!! Great colors and layout -- so glad you played again -- thanks much!!!