Sunday, January 20, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge!



Beate posted a fantastic sketch for this weekend for us! I unfortunately need a sympathy card for a good friend of mine. Her mother and father were in a horrible automobile accident just before Christmas. Her mother passed away this past Wednesday. The services will be this upcoming week. Her father is stable, but he could certainly use your thoughts and prayers. My friend is also a card maker, so I really wanted to make something special for her and her family. This sketch was perfect for this retired set (Heartspeak) that I just got from Trudee. I also used my new Mixed Messages from Papertrey Ink with a tiny scallop punch from Punch Bunch. The card base is Certainly Celery and the Pretty in Pink panel has Stampin' Up's Floral background stamped in Brilliance Moonlight White Ink. The celery patterned paper scrap was left over from the card that I posted the other day. It is from the Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' pack. The pearls are made by Kaiser Craft. I thought that they'd add a little bit of elegance on the Pretty in Pink circles. The flower basket is colored with watercolor crayons and then some Star Dust Stickles were added. Let's hope this brings a little bit of comfort to my friend and her family.

So glad that you could stop by...Toodles! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, I am so sorry you had to make this into a sympathy card!
Your card is beautiful! Soft and soothing. I love the colors, the stamp and those gorgeous pearls.
Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Robin Desko said...

So pretty, Kimberly. Very soft and delicate.

Elaine said...

I love your design and coloring! I am casing this just in case...maybe it can be a MIL Happy Mother's day card if I change the gretting!