Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm back!


It is so nice to be able to stamp again! Between migraine headaches (Ugh!), dining room furniture shopping (Yippee!), and substitute teaching...it has been one heck of a week!

My dh needed a sympathy card for a co-worker. I don't usually have many sympathy cards on hand, so this is what I came up with. I try to keep sympathy cards free from a lot of embellishments and on the lighter side with soft and subtle colors. My Certainly Celery card base has the Stampin' Up Linen background stamped with VersaMark for softness. I added some faux stitching as well. The Lavender Lace strip has Leaves a la Carte wheeled with Brilliance Ink in Moonlight White. The single flower is from Stampin' Up's Heartfelt Thanks set. It is layered on ovals made with my Spellbinder's Nestabilities Dies. Then, I sponged some Lavender Lace ink on the scallops for some depth. The My Sentiments Exactly sentiment is stamped with Lavender Lace ink. I added some Star Dust Stickles to the flower petals and leaves for a little bit of elegance.

With everything going on around here, I unfortunately did not get to any of those wonderful challenges that I wanted to. Let's hope for some wonderful stamping time this weekend!!! I'm so glad that you could stop by...Toodles! :D

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

Beautiful card. I'm sure it will be much appreciated. I like your color choices; very calm and soothing. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy said...

Absolutely beautiful....very stunning!