Sunday, December 16, 2007

My First Shabby Card!



Today's featured stamper over on SCS is Lisa Zappa. What talent this lady has! Her style works with elegant designs and whimsical ones as well. She is the queen of Shabby cards...not my comfort zone, but I thought that I'd give it a whirl anyway!

My card is based on her design with a few changes. I went with her layout and used my distresser on each layer. The two stamp sets are retired from Stampin' Up! The flowers are from Happy Harmony and the sentiment is from Warmest Regards. For the background on the So Saffron card base, I rolled my Leaves a la Carte Wheel in a bit of white craft ink and some So Saffron dye ink. I also sponged some So Saffron ink around the edges. The patterned paper is Denim Guest Floral from Chatterbox. I thought that it a had a shabby feel to it. (But what do I know...it's my first Shabby card...remember?) My accent colors are Certainly Celery and Not Quite Navy. I'm not sure if the Star Dust Stickles on the flower blossoms count as shabby or not, but I figured I'd be a little daring...lol! The pewter brads are from Making Memories. There you have it...My First Shabby Card!!!

We are in the middle of another SNOW storm today! If you are too...stay safe and warm! So glad that you could stop by...Toodles! :D

2 comments:

Becky Rusher said...

Congrats on your first "shabby" card, Kimberly!

Tag, you're it!

The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Unknown said...

It's GAAAAAW-JUS!!! You certainly did the style great justice and I am sitting here drooling . . .

And, the "magical season" card is to-die-for adorable IRL! Thank you! *smooches*