Monday, January 16, 2012

My Favorite Things Sketch Cards!

Hello Friends! It was nice to have a little bit of extra stamping time this weekend. I couldn't wait to use the sketch from the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club. So, I grabbed my new papers are from the Sidewalks collection from October Afternoon, and I loved them so much that I made two cards with the exact same papers!

My first card uses my furry MFT friend, Fred Bear. He is colored up with Copic Markers (E23, R29, Y32, YG17, YG25) and then I fussy cut him out. A few Papertrey Ink buttons and some craft twine finish off this card.

My other card uses the same sketch and the same papers. I changed up a few things. My image is from the new Pure Innocence set from My Favorite Things called Cause for Celebration. She is colored up with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E23, E25, R11, R29, R39, YR24) and then I paper pieced her dress with some Bo Bunny dot paper. I'm trying use some of the crafty things I have more often before I go out and buy more. This MFT Loopy Bloom Die-namic has been in my collection for awhile now. I ran it through my Cuttlebug with some MFT felt. I also used the Oval Tab Die-namic with Joanne B's method to shorten it to fit a shorter sentiment. My other accents include some A*Muse Twinkle gems and the MFT Die-namics Little Open Scallops Strip Die.

As you can see, I really fell in love with these papers. The colors are so warm and cheery and with the cold temperatures that we've been having here in New England, warm and cheery is just what I needed today! Thanks so very much for visiting with me. Enjoy the rest of your week...Toodles! :D

2 comments:

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

SMILE! HUGE SMILE! You know I love those papers too, and your cards are just too cute for words!! Have a great week Kimberly! ♥

Vickie Z said...

Adorable, both of them!!! Love the loopy flower!!!