Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's Saturday!

Good Morning Friends! I'm running a little bit behind on some of my favorite Friday challenges. I've been trying to fight off a cold and I'm afraid that it has won! Thankfully, I'm not cooking for Easter Sunday. Hopefully, I'll be better to head back to school on Monday. I combined a few challenges on this card. This week's Blogger's Challenge is to use ribbon or lace. I pulled out this sweet Pure Innocence image from My Favorite Things. The image and sentiment are from the Don't Open Until set. I've had it in my collection for some time now, but I just haven't had the chance to use it. It was perfect for Jessie's Forgotten Stamp Friday challenge. I used the sketch from the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club and then went from there. She is colored up with Copic Markers (BG10, BG11, BG32, E000, E00, E01, E35, E57, E59, G21, G24, R20, R29, and R59) and her dress is paper pieced. I used some October Afternoon patterned papers and some Papertrey Ink card stock. The button is also from PTI. I accented that with some cream craft thread. Some Hero Arts lace and a bit of stitching complete the from of my card. I stamped the rest of the sentiment on the inside of the card and I added a little bit more of the October Afternoon polka dots and I used the MFT Die-namics Little Open Scallop Strip to finish it off.

Thank you SO much for stopping by for a visit today. I'm off to get some rest and then check out all of the creations that my Blogging friends have come up with. Enjoy your weekend and have a Happy Easter...Toodles! :D

16 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

Terrific use of the crochet trim! Beautiful card! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Love the lacy ribbon. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love these sweet images- what a wonderful card! I love your layout and decorated inside too.

Karen Motz said...

Oh how sweet is this!!! Love the fun colour combo with this adorable little image!!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, both inside and out! Love the little paper pieced dress and the sweet lace trim! Hope you feel better - Have a Happy Easter!

Anne Tussing said...

Great card! Love the red and your terrific coloring!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is such a bright and cheerful card. I love the lace with the reds and the stitching is a nice touch.

Jessie/knightrone said...

It's so CUTE!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

What SWEETNESS!~~

JP Card Crazy said...

Adorable! Love the trim and background papers.
Feel better!!! Happy Easter!

Dana White said...

oh this is so sweet - the trim is perfect

Lori said...

So sweet! Love the delicate lace trim--so feminine!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card Kimberly, the lace looks perfect with those papers. Hope you are feeling better!

BarbaraW said...

Cute image. Love the lace and the layering.

Ida said...

Comment catch-up day.
What a sweet card. I love those PI girls and you did a great job with this one.

Shirley said...

She is adorable!! and the embellishments you gave her are perfect for her. A really pretty card and love the lace!!