Friday, April 8, 2011

Springtime Inspiration and Jen's SFYTT!!

Happy Friday Morning Friends! Are you loving all of the Spring colors that are popping up all over the place? I actually saw a few crocuses and some daffodils peeking out yesterday when I went to get the mail! It's so nice to finally see some signs of Spring!! (We had a snow storm here last Friday and ended up missing the first two hours of school!!) My creations for today were all inspired by this wonderful bunch of tulips! Tulips are my favorite flower and these yellow ones were calling my name last week when I stopped by the local flower shop! I love their deep yellow and lime green color.


Lisa from Right at Home Scrapbooking Store gave me some wonderful goodies to play with this month. They are just perfect for Springtime paper crafting projects! All of the cards in this post were made with the Blossom Soup set from Unity Stamp Company and all of the papers are some new ones that Lisa has at the store. This is the Grandma's Feather Bed collection from Bazzill Basics Paper. I LOVE the colors in this line! So fun and Springy...just like my color inspiration! For this card, I used my new goodies along with some Copic Markers (B21,B23, BG000,Y32, Y35, YG13, YG25), the Spellbinder's Nestabilities Labels Fourteen set, this wonderful Gingham Ribbon from May Arts, a button from Basic Grey, a few Kaiser Craft Pearls and some Honey Dew twine.

For my next card, I used a different image from the Unity set. Look at all of those wonderful flower blossoms on this butterfly image...so sweet! I colored it up with Copic Markers (Y32, Y35, Y38) and layered it onto some Bazzill card stock that I cut out with the Classic Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities die. Again I added a few pearls, a matching button, and some Honey Dew Twine.

As you can see from my last card, my tulips were still my color inspiration. This time around though, I used Jen Del Muro's April Sketch For You To Try for some inspiration too. You can find her sketch here. This sweet little blossom is part of the same stamp set. It's a single stamp and I just stamped it out three times (with a little help from my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, of course.) The main panel is cut out with the Classic Square Spellbinder's Nestabilities die and I used a little trick that Jodi Collins has perfected. Simply leave the Nestie with the piece that you just cut out and use a Copic Multi-Liner to trace the inside of the Nestie. For this card, I used some straight lines and a group of dots on each side of the square. Two more patterns from the Grandma's Feather Bed line, my Copic Markers (Y32, Y35, Y38, YG13, YG25), a few more Basic Grey buttons, some black card stock layers, and a spin through my sewing machine complete this card. Thanks for visiting with me today! If you happen to head over to Right at Home Scrapbooking store, be sure to check out some of these fun new supplies! Have a Happy weekend...Toodles! :D

3 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW -- these are awesome! Love the colors! Wonderful job with the April SFYTT - thanks for playing!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Kimberly, these spring colors and cards are really nice.

Jennine Chambers said...

I love your cards and am going to try and reproduce the butterfly card! Love it!!