Thursday, February 10, 2011

More Projects to Share!

Good Thursday morning Friends! The end of the week is near...hang in there! Friday is just around the corner! Valentine's Day is just around the corner too. Would you like a couple more gift ideas for some of your Valentines? One thing that I like to do, is take stamps and use them for more than just the occasion that they may have been intended for. For today's projects that I made for Right at Home Scrapbooking, I used the same two stamps that I used to create my frame and Lollipop Jar on Tuesday, but I changed things up a little bit.


I just love this Pure Innocence girl from My Favorite Things and thought that she would make a wonderful little Valentine gift for my niece. The image and sentiment are from the "Lather. Rinse. Repeat." set. She is colored up with Copic Markers (BG000, C0, C1, C3, E000, E00 E11, E25, E27, R20, Y32, YR24, and the Colorless Blender) and her shower cap/towel was paper pieced with some Bo Bunny Passion Fruit Dot paper. I made this little basket out of the same paper. It is basically a 12" x 12" piece of paper that is scored in 3" increments to make twelve squares. I then cut off one 3" square from each corner. That left two squares on each of the four sides. I then cut a 3" slit between the two squares on each side. The squares were over lapped and then glued together to form the base of the basket. I cut another strip of paper about 1-1/2" wide by 10" long to make the handle. A few buttons and some ribbon finish off my basket just before I filled it with some bath accessories that all teenage girls love!


For this project, I used the Pure Innocence "Lollypop Girl" set from My Favorite Things again. I think that she is just perfect for Valentine's Day...don't you? She is colored up with Copic Markers (Eooo, Eoo, E11, E25, E27, R20, R22, R24, and R29) and her lollipop is covered with glitter for some sparkle. This is one of those little metal mailboxes that pop up all over the stores at this time of year. I covered it with some "Little Princess" paper from the Alphabet Soup Girl collection by My Mind's Eye. The hearts are made with the "Hearts a Plenty" Die-namic from My Favorite Things. I cut them out of some "Lovely" paper from the same collection. I added a Basic Grey button and some Baker's Twine along with a Valentine sentiment.

I added some more of the same papers and accents to the other sides of the mailbox. I hope that my creations have inspired you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a beautiful day...Toodles! :D

4 comments:

trisha too said...

These are adorable! :)

Country Mouse said...

Awesome projects! Super cute!

Michele Boyer said...

These are SOOO cute!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Kimberly!!! WOW!!! That VD mail box is to die for adorable. And I love that basket with the PI bath girl too. What a great post. You are on a serious roll... :-)