Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Challenge from Sharon!


Sharon Johnson (aka...notimetostamp) is an amazing stamper! I have always admired her work. I discovered her blog not too long ago and she posts challenges for her readers. I finally got on the ball and participated in one. This particular challenge is to use something that you have acquired recently whether it be a Christmas gift or something that you've purchased for yourself. Well...after I saw her fantastic cards using the small Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, I knew I had to get my hands on some! My darling husband came through and purchased a few as part of my Christmas gift! Thanks Dear! I'm saving some of my Christmas funds to purchase a few more new accessories for my Cuttlebug!

Here is a card that I'll use as our Holiday Thank You cards. I used my retired Stampin' Up Snowflakes set. The stitched squares were made with the Cuttlebug Embossing Folders. (I made a little boo-boo on the middle snowflake, so I decided to layer a second one on top. I think that it adds dimension...don't you? LOL!) I do not own a Scor-Pal (yet), so I used my scoring blade from my paper trimmer to make the horizontal lines above and below the squares. The yummy ribbon is from May Arts and it reminded me of one of the many snow storms that we've been having around here lately! The papers are Stampin' Up Whisper White and Night of Navy and the ink is also Night of Navy.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday. We certainly did here. Santa was very good to us and we were very grateful to be surrounded by our families. Thanks so much for stopping by...Toodles! :D I'll be back in a few with some blog candy!!!

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Very pretty ... love the dimension on the center snowflake.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!!! And I love the popped up square in the center - no one would EVER dream it was to cover a mistake -- you shouldn't have said that -- LOL!!! It looks so much like an intentional design element!!! I'm so glad you played along and shared this with us -- thanks so much!!!

Clara said...

How funny... we all love the middle square which was done only to cover a boo-boo. Great card, very elegant looking with only the two colors!

Kristine said...

I can't believe I waited this long to start making some Holiday THANK YOU's so I go on SCS and was looking for simple cards to make. I LOVE THESE!! Perfect--except I'll prolly omit the navy c.s. and just do white--(I've got lots to do!) Your card is beautifully elegant and simple. LOVE the cuttlebugging :)

Kathy W said...

Very pretty card, and I thought that the raised center panel was part of the original layout. Love this look, and thanks for ideas of how to use those small CB folders.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Fab idea. I was looking for feedblitz to sign up to your blog, ever considered it??? tfs, :) Happy New Year!