Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Keeping It Simple With The Cat's Pajamas

 
Happy Tuesday, Friends!  I hope that you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  It was on the colder side here in New England, but it was wonderful none the less.  We went to Cape Cod to visit family, and while it was a bit chilly at the beach, it was still lovely.
 
I have a card to share with you for this month's TCP Challenge.  There are still a few days left to join us.  Just head on over to Alma's Blog for all of the details.  This month, she is challenging everyone to keep their creations on the clean and simple side.  I did my best with this card for my nephew.  This is the card for his 13th birthday!  Where has time gone?!?!?  I remember the morning I received the telephone call telling me he was born!  Oh boy, I must be getting old...lol!  This was a big challenge for me...masculine, teenager, and keeping it simple...ugh.
 
 
I started off by using the newly released Small Sayings set from The Cat's Pajamas and the newly released Talk to Me CutUps.  The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye and I used chocolate and kraft card stock.  I added a few buttons with some Brown Sugar Divine Twine to keep things on the simple side.  There you have it...a clean and simple card for a teenage boy!  Let's hope that he likes it!  Thanks so very much for stopping by for a visit.  Until next time...Toodles!  :D

3 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Simple yet clever Kimberly. Fabulous take on the KISS challenge.

Alma de la Rosa said...

Loving the layout of this pretty. It's a wonderful masculine card

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Kimberly! This is a great card layout and awesome papers! I hope that all is well with you! XOXO