Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Brown Paper Packages...

tied up with strings...These are a few of My Favorite Things." Now that you can all hear Julie Andrews singing in your head, I'll explain why. The My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge is to use the song from The Sound of Music to inspire a creation. My very first thought was to use the Pure Innocence stamp of the sweet little girl carrying all of her packages. However, the very talented Jodi Collins was apparently thinking the same thing...lol! You can find her beautiful kraft and pink creation here. I didn't want to copy Jodi, so I pulled out my "Sending You a Little Christmas" set and thought of the warm, woolen mittens part of the song. Then, I had a little idea! I already had the packages stamped and colored from the other image, so why not add them to her sled and she could pull them along with her tree! It's not often that things actually work out the way I plan it in my head...lol, but I'm just tickled that it did this time around!

I used Jen Del Muro's Sketch For You To Try as my starting point. All of the patterned papers are from the Mitten Weather collection by Cosmo Cricket and I used my Janome Sew Mini for the stitching. My sweet little girl is paper pieced and colored up with Copic Markers (BG000, C3, E000, E11, E21, E31, E33, E35, E40, R20, R29, YG03, YG63, YR12 and the Colorless Blender). I also used Papertrey Ink Kraft and Stampin' Up Real Red. The MFT Snowflake Trio Die-namics were part of my latest purchase and I accented them with a PTI Holiday Button and Baker's Twine. I used the Beautiful Garden Felt from My Favorite Things for the snowflakes and then I added some Star Dust Stickles to give them a little bit of sparkle. The ribbon is from the Holiday section at Michaels. Thank you so much for visiting with me. Have a Happy Sunday...Toodles! :D

8 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

This is just the cutest little girl - everything about her is darling. Thanks for sharing your copics used on the images - it helps us newbies to copics a lot just to see where and how you used your colors!

Chris said...

great card, I love everything about it from the yummy bow to the paper piecing and my favorite stamps are PI.
I also love your picture. You look so happy.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Love your cute and so pretty card!!

Jodi Collins said...

OK...first of all, thanks for the shout out! Second, this card ROCKS my world! LOVE how you added the packages to the sled (genius!) and your papers, coloring and layout are FANTASTIC!!!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Kim,

This is so cute. I love your creative way to include the brown paper packages. Just saw your comment on my post too. Love these stampin sundays!

Nancy Thomas said...

You are a genius!! What a great idea to add the "brown paper packages" to the sled. Beautiful card!

Cindy Haffner said...

More SWEETNESS!!

Amy Sheffer said...

How perfectly sweet, Kim! Love everything you've done here! Fabulous job with the SFYTT challenge, too!