Friday, November 26, 2010

Blogger's Challenge...Blue, Rust, Mustard

Happy Friday Stampers! Have you been shopping today? Did you get any great Black Friday deals? I hope so! We are home today and that is just fine with me. Maybe we'll brave the elements and the crowds after lunch and see what we can find.

As I promised in yesterday's post, I'm back today with my creation for this week's Blogger's Challenge. We are to use the colors Blue, Rust, and Mustard. Now I realize that my card doesn't scream, "Winter is coming!", but I thought that this image would be perfect for these colors so I went in that direction. When Elzybells Rubber Stamps was going out of business this past summer, I treated myself to as many goodies as I could. This delightful image and sentiment were part of my package. The image is colored up with Copic Markers (B21, B24, E08, E15, Y21, Y26, YG63, YG67, and YR18). I used some retired Stampin' Up patterned papers and the large panel was sewed onto the rust card stock with my Janome Sew Mini. I added a blue button with some twine to finish off the sentiment flag. Now, if you are wondering where I used the mustard color, well, that would be the little flowers in the image. It's there...I promise...lol! I started off using Mercy Kerin's sketch, but the vertical panel didn't look quite right with my image, so I'll have to try again. I hope that you'll have a chance to see what the other Ladies from the Blogger's Challenge group have come up with. You can find their blogs here. Thanks so much for visiting with me today...Toodles! :D

13 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

Fabulous job with your stitching and that is a fantastic layout, too!!

Marsha Fisher said...

You have done a great job with the layout, stitching, button and image selection too!!

BarbaraW said...

Adorable image. Looks great with the background colors. Love the whole look.

Basement Stamper said...

definitely an adorable image, and I love how you colored it and all the rust to it. Hope you enjoyed your day at home, I braved the crowds last night and most of the day today. Got most of my shopping done.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love the image with the great coloring-and the sewing is awesome!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I love it, Kim. What a terrific take on the colors, you have presented them so well. Beautiful artwork. Hugs, Gayle.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful use of the sketch. Lovely coloring and added stitching!

Jodi Collins said...

This is FAB Kimberly! LOVE these colors together and the layout and stamps are SO fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Your project are always the best--and this one is no exception--in fact I just subscribed to your feed!
Glad you got to play-love the birdies and layout.
Hugs, Nola

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Darling card Kim,
I love how it's an 'all purpose card' good for any season.

MJ said...

This is so sweet, love your stitching! I can not do that, lol. Great coloring too.

Barbara said...

Cute, cute, cute! You made this color challenge look so very easy! GREAT card with lots of fabulous little touches!

Ida said...

Great card. Love the image you used and your stitching is a lovely touch.