Monday, October 18, 2010

This One's For the Boys!

Happy Monday Stampers! I hope that you all had a great weekend! We had a ball yesterday...the weather was just beautiful! My family and I went to Old Sturbridge Village (If you aren't from the area, OSV is similar to Colonial Williamsburg, but set in the 1830's and not quite as grand.) It was harvest weekend and we were able to help out with all types of farm duties. Our favorite of the day was learning about and helping to make Apple Cider.

We were home early enough for me to squeeze in a little bit of stamping time. I actually bought some new stamps yesterday, but I'll have to show you what I created with them tomorrow. I wanted to post my contribution to the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club before it was too late! This week's theme is, "It's All About the Boys!" You can find all of the details here if you would like to play along too. I started off with Jen's Sketch for You to Try and paired that up with my little Pure Innocence friend from My Favorite Things. This little guy is from the Tree Swing set, and he's colored up with Copic Markers (B93, B95, B97, C1, E000, E11, E21, E25, E29, E40, E44, YG63, YG67, YG93, and YG95). The sentiment is from the same set and it's stamped onto a cloud from the My Favorite Things Cloud Trio Die-namic. The patterned papers are from Chatter Box and the Chocolate Chip panel is embossed with Stampin' Up's Square Lattice embossing folder. The little buttons are made with the button die from Sizzlits and tied with white twine to finish them off.

Thanks so much for visiting. I'll be back tomorrow! Hope to see you then...Toodles! :D

6 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Very cute, I love that stamp and the cloud is a great accent.

Kelli Hull said...

LOVE that embossing folder... have to check that out!!! LOL

GREAT card for the challenge!!!

Jodi Collins said...

This ROCKS! LOOOOOOVE the papers you used and the sentiment on the cloud...PERFECTION!

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautifully done - I really like your patterned paper choices against the kraft background.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh, This is DARLING!!! Fabulous! :)

Clara said...

Cute, cute card! I love the plaid background paper you used along with that embossing folder.