Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Sketch For You To Try and a Revelation!

Happy Sunday Bloggy Land! It is a beautiful autumn weekend here in New England! The air is FINALLY cool and crisp!

Did you get to make anything yesterday in honor of World Card Making day? I can happily say that I sent Mr. Migraine Headache packing and I got a little crafty...lol! I didn't make many cards, but I tried something new for me. I pulled out a bunch of different papers and some card stock, cut some different layers, glued it all together, and I basically made a bunch of cards with out images and sentiments. It was fun and productive! Then I got to thinking...what steps do other card makers use to actually create their cards? I'm sure that the process I described above is probably a way many card makers go about creating. But for some reason, I have always created the opposite way. Normally, I pick my image, color it up, find my papers and bellies, and then go about putting the whole thing together. Even if I already have a sketch, that seems to be my process. Sometimes that just does not work out. I spend oodles of time hunting for the things to match my image, then I make changes, and before you know it, I end up creating something that I'm not happy with. I think I'm going to like trying the new way better, at least I hope so...lol! So...what is your process for creating? Please share...I'd love to know!

Now that I have a new method to my madness, I decided to tackle Jen Del Muro's Sketch For You To Try from yesterday. I love the way that it turned out and things came together quite quickly. I did all of the layers first and then I found the perfect image (Stampin' Up!) and sentiment (Papertrey Ink) to finish the whole thing off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for listening to all of my rambling...lol! Enjoy the rest of your day...Toodles! :D

5 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

I seem to create the same way as you although I have started coloring some images without searching for papers first. Beautiful card, glad you were able to get some creating done for WCMD, I did a set of 8 cards, all the same design though. Wish I would have been able to play more.

Jenn Diercks said...

This card is really pretty. I love the colors of your patterned papers. They are so soothing together. Fabulous job on the sketch!

Clara said...

Like you, I always find the image, color it, then work my card around it. I like this idea of making the card layout THEN finding the image to put onto it. I'm going to try this.... it might (I hope) work out great for me too! I'll let you know... :)

Clara said...

I was so excited about your revelation that I forgot to comment on your card! lol

Love this layout and the colors you used. A great card that could be used for many different occasions.

Amy Rohl said...

I just can't tell you how much I love your work! Love your combo of stamps and papers with embellishments in all the right places, so clean and neat!