Friday, November 6, 2009

Blogger's Challenge!

Two days of blogging in a row for me...can you believe it? I can't...lol! I guess that is what happens when you have a clean area to work in...lol!

Since I began stamping, I have wanted to try the Cracked Glass Technique (click HERE for directions). I bought all of the products that I needed and I couldn't wait to give it a whirl. That was four years ago...lol!

This week's Blogger's Challenge was the perfect time to finally put all of those products to good use. Our challenge is to "Pick a Technique". So here it is...my first try at Cracked Glass. (You can see the cracks better if you click on the photograph.) I think that the technique is fantastic! It was so neat once I pulled my piece out of the freezer and started cracking it!

My main image and sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s Upsy Daisy set. I also used Stampin' Up!'s So Saffon, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip. I finished off the Chocolate strip with some faux stitching. Are you interested in trying a few new techniques? Just click on the Blogger's Challenge logo in my right side bar for some ideas. Thanks so much for stopping by today...Toodles! :D

14 comments:

Pat Huntoon said...

Pretty card!

Basement Stamper said...

Kimberly, I love the cracked glass technique and this looks awesome with this stamp set. This was the technique I had in mind although I never made it around to doing it.

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty, the cracked class works wonderfully with your images.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- and the cracked glass looks great! Wonderful challenge card. TFS

Ida said...

Really nice card. I love the Cracked Glass technique and it works great with those flowers.

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card using the cracked glass technique!

Unknown said...

You sound like me!!! See something I want to try, buy everything to do it and then years later I still have not done everything I want to do!!!LOL!!!!

I LOVE this techique too and still can't wait to try my hand at it!!! Great job!!

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! You did a Great job!

Lisa Bohler said...

I'm so glad that you got to try this technique and do a fantastic job all at once!!!

Selene Kempton said...

This is a wonderful technique choice. I love the image you chose as well! Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

It's great to see such a nice card with a technique that I've yet to try!
I'll check the "here" and see what I need to do it too!

Unknown said...

Beautiful job, Kimberly. I love that stamp image with the cracked glass and never would have paired the two before I saw your card.
For your first time, you really rocked it!

Connie Babbert said...

I always love that technique, Kimberly. Great job this week!

Chrissy D said...

Love the cracked glass technique and yours is sooo pretty!