Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Couple of Challenges!

I planned to post this yesterday, but alas, things don't always go as planned. Instead, we went ice skating and shopping for a few more Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils for Mommy...lol! It's back to school for us here tomorrow, and I wanted to be sure to squeeze in one last post before I head back to work. Here is my version of Kerry's first sketch challenge over at Three Clovers Designs. I basically took the sketch that she gave us and turned it on it's side. There is a method to my madness...lol! I wanted to use my sweet little lamb from High Hopes Rubber Stamps, and he just didn't fit right with the sketch the other way. By waiting an extra day, my card was able to work for the challenge over on the High Hopes Blog too. This week, we were asked to do some kind of sponging on our creation. I very lightly (and I stress the word lightly...lol) sponged Bashful Blue all around this sweet little guy for the sky. For a closer look, just click on the photograph and it should enlarge for you. In the past, I've ended up sponging way too much ink on a few of my creations, and really ended up ruining them. Now, I go with the less is more approach, and it seems to work out much better for me. I paired this image up with some spring-like papers (Nana's Nursery) from DCWV, a little bit of Regal Rose card stock, an American Crafts button, and a smidgen of May Arts gingham ribbon. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope that you had a great weekend, and I hope that you have an even better Monday...Toodles! :D

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimberly--I LOVE your fun ewe lamb!
It was a lot of fun to play along with so many wondefully talented gals!
Hugs, Nola

Kerri said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I'm sure glad I found your blog! Your cards are adorable!

Kerry D-C said...

oh my goodness! this is SO STINKIN' CUTE!!I just love lambs! Love the papers too! Thanks for participating in my very first challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and lovely image.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Makes me ready for spring. Great colors! TFS!

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, that is so sweet!!! I love the stamp, colors, and what you did with Kerry's sketch!

Thanks for leaving me comments!

Corie said...

Awwwww, this is adorable

Carla said...

This is adorable! I love the colors, the touch of ribbon, and I ADORE that stamp!! I just ordered the Feb. kit this month, I wish I had ordered this lamb, too!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Kimberly, love the cute image and the pretty dp. Hugs Nikki x

Stressed Stamper said...

love the card and your blog

Sarah

Stressed Stamper said...

can you tell me how I follow your blog, you do not appear to have an area on your side bar

Sarah

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is awesome! Great job on the coloring.

Clara said...

What a great spring card! You find the sweetest little images. :)