Monday, March 17, 2008

Technique Challenge Gone Wrong!!!


Before I go into detail about the card, I just want to send a big THANK YOU to all of my A Muse Addict friends and to my SCS friends for all of the Birthday cards and wishes! I had a wonderful day and you all made it even more special!

Now...onto the card! I was thrilled to be able to participate in today's SCS Technique Challenge, but no matter what type (or color) of ink I used, I couldn't seem to achieve the whole look. I'll try again later on because it really is a neat technique, but this is the best that I could do for today.

I have had this wonderful stamp for over a year and decided that it needed some inking! It's made by Inkadinkado. After choosing Rose Red and So Saffron for my color choices, I got right to work. The image is stamped onto watercolor paper with Black Stazon and then colored with my watercolor crayons. I added Star Dust Stickles for some sparkle. The card started off being a rectangle, but then I folded part of the front panel back and tied on the May Arts Polka Dotted Ribbon and the Saffron Grosgrain from Sweet Miss Daisy. There seemed to be too much Saffon on the right side of the card, so I just cut that part off and turned my rectangle into a square. It has taken me a little while, but I'm finally happy with the way it turned out. So glad that you could stop by today...Toodles! :D

2 comments:

Hope said...

This is very pretty. I love the colour combination and the ribbon.

Nancy said...

I think this turned out GORGEOUS!! I really like the color combination!!