Friday, March 21, 2008

Such a Fun Sketch!!!


Putting all of these different patterns and colors together is not usually something that I do...but it is definitely something that I think others do very well. (Yes, I'm speaking of Becky Rusher and Michelle Wooderson...lol!)

Here's my attempt at this past Tuesday's Sketch Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. I was able to get my hands on some of that adorable Imaginisce For Peep's Sake paper that Trudee has been designing up a storm with! This was such a fun sketch and a great excuse to cut into this delightful paper. My card base is Papertrey's Stamper's Select White. After I decided on which papers to put together, I then added some touches of Certainly Celery. I see so many cardmakers use their oval punch as an accent and it seemed to work well here with the addition of some Doodlebug Brads. My Scallop Circle Punch fit perfectly with this circle shaped Happy Easter which is a Studio G $1.00 Clear Stamp from AC Moore. The center of the circle originally had an Easter egg, but when I discovered that this little fellow from A Muse's Elzybell collection fit in the center...well, you know how much I LOVE my Elzy stamps, I just HAD to use it. A few dimensionals here and there, some paper piercing, and some celery striped May Arts ribbon and there you have it.

I hope that all of you that celebrate Easter have a beautiful day! I am so glad that you took the time to stop by...Toodles! :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a sweet little card...love you how put the DP together so well...I love how Becky and Michelle do it too! You are making me want to order that oval punch!! Breat details and accents! TFS and happy Easter; Tinla

Tracy said...

This came out really, really awesome! I *love* the papers. Great job!!

Nancy said...

This turned out great! What a fun combination! Putting together different patterns & colors is something I need to work on. You pulled everything together so nicely!

Debbie Olson said...

This is darling! I think you've combined papers very well here!

Paula said...

I love the colours and paper used on this card! Just great!