Friday, February 17, 2012

Long Time, No Blog!

Hello Friends! It's been awhile. I think that I've figured out part of my problem. I have still been stamping and creating...the problem seems to start when I try to photograph my project. I've tried different areas in my home, different backdrops, and different editing features, but no luck. I'll have to just accept what the photograph looks like and please know that I've tried my best. So without further explanation, here is my card for this week's Blogger's Challenge. The theme is the seashore. Just click here to play along with us. I went back to my stamping roots for this one and used all Stampin' Up products. I did a little variation and made two cards. Here is the design that I had swirling around in my head and my results...

I used Night of Navy and Sahara Sand card stock and ink. I'm not sure which set the sentiment comes from, but the Adirondack chair image is from the Along the Shore (retired) set. I also used the Linen Background stamp. The button and Baker's Twine are from my stash.

When I finished this card, I decided to make another one with all of the same stamps and papers and few other accents.

Both cards are on the clean and simple side. I need oodles of birthday cards for March, so clean and simple is the way to go. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit with me. Have a wonderful President's Day weekend...Toodles! :D

7 comments:

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

YAY She's back! I was so happy to pop in and see a new beautiful card (or two). I love the navy and sand color combo. I think your pix are fine - don't stress about it!! Have a great weekend Kimberly!

Yvonne Garner said...

I love both your cards and your color choices. Have a great weekend. Best wishes, Yvonne

Clara said...

Hello stranger!
I like both your cards and clean and simple always works. The color choices are perfect for this beach themed image.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Love these. Glad to see your post! I think these will be very useful - they are gender neutral and oh so beautiful. Love them.

Basement Stamper said...

I really like how CAS they are with the masculine color scheme. I have the same problem with my pictures even when I edit them a bit...frustrating as I have a light box. Guess I'm not patient enough :-)

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab image for a masculine BD card!

Lori said...

Love these clean and simple designs! The color scheme's perfect for beach themed cards.