Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Celebrate...Paper Piecing!!

 
Happy Tuesday and Happy 2014!!!  We have changed things up a little bit over on The Cat's Pajamas Blog.  Our TCP Tuesday Challenges will now be weekly instead of monthly.  That means that you will want to check in each Tuesday to see what the new challenge for the week is.  Our hostess this week is Jessie and her challenge is Paper Piecing!!  Paper piecing is one of my favorite crafting things. I LOVE the different looks that you can achieve with patterned paper.
 
 
My card highlights our long eared bunny.  This one is from the One Cupcake set.  The sentiment is from the same set as well.  I colored up my bunny with Copic Markers (E51, E53, E33, E35, R20, R22, YR30, and YR31).  I paper pieced the cupcake wrapper and then I fussy cut him out.  All of the patterned papers are from the Hootenanny Collection from My Mind's Eye.  I embossed the chocolate circle and I used the oval from the Framed Up CutUps.  Some machine stitching, a button, and some Linen Button Twine complete my card.
 
I hope that you will have a chance to play along with this week's challenge.  If you do, you may be lucky enough to be chosen as the Swanky Stamper of the Month or you may be lucky enough to win $10 in Cat Cash to go shopping!  Be sure to upload your creation to The Cat's Pajamas Blog.  Good luck!  Thanks so much for visiting with me today.  Until next time...Toodles!  :D

4 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Your stitching looks perfect Kimberly. Love the layout too.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Hello Friend,
So glad to see your card today. It's gorgeous (as usual.) I agree, paper piecing is AWESOME. Hope all is well with you. Love the card. Enjoy!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just adorable. Love the papers you chose.

Clara said...

Just adorable and great choice of papers too. :)