Tuesday, September 17, 2013

More Paper Piecing with TCP!

Happy Tuesday, Friends!  Oh boy...has life been BUSY!!!  I can't believe that two weeks have gone by since my last post!!!  Going back to school, painting most of the downstairs in our home, sprucing up our kitchen a bit, and fixing and painting the front door have put stamping in the back seat lately.  Hopefully, we have everything taken care of for a little bit.  I still want to paint the upstairs bathroom and put new carpet in the bedrooms though...lol!  See...life has been busy.
 
I hope that you stopped by to see something crafty.  I have a card for this month's TCP Tuesday Challenge...Paper Piecing.  To play along with the Cat Pack and for a chance to be this month's Swanky Stamper, head on over to ALMA'S BLOG for all of the details.  Here is my creation...
 
 
I started off with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch from Karen Giron.  I made a few minor additions.  The image and sentiment are from the TCP set, Wish.  My long eared friend is colored up with Copic Markers (E11, E13, E15, R20, and R22) and the moon is paper pieced with some gingham paper from the Family Ties collection from Pebbles.  In fact, all of these patterned papers are from this collection.  I added a little pom-pom for this guy's tail and stitched around the main layer of the card.  The sentiment is stamped in Memento Paris Dusk ink and then I added a button with some Blueberry Divine Twine to finish this card off. 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.  I hope that you have a beautiful day, and I hope to be back very soon.  Until next time...Toodles!  :D

2 comments:

Alma de la Rosa said...

So pretty! Just the paper pieced moon makes such a statement. And your fussy cutting is out of this world

Unknown said...

Kimberly, this is AWESOME! I love this eet paper pieced, the gingham moon is to die for! :) Have a fab week! *hugs*