Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hearts, Hearts, and More Hearts!

Hello, Friends!  Hope that you are well.  I have a couple of things to share with you today.  This month's challenge from The Cat's Pajamas is called, "Everything Old is New Again!"  Alma's challenge is to use TCP stamps and/or CutUps dies to create something new and different.  You can find more details about the challenge and a place to link your creation over on Alma's blog.  (Click HERE.) 
 
I have always loved the beautiful, handmade banners that I see on the computer.  They look so pretty hanging from fireplace mantles.  I love my home, but I wish we had a fireplace.  I wanted to make a banner to celebrate Valentine's Day, but I didn't really have a place to hang it or the right kind of dies to create one with.  So I had to get a little bit creative.  Using the TCP Heart Trio CutUps, I decided to make a banner and decorate my Stamping Room with it.  
 
 
 Here is a closer look.  I started off  by running scraps of red card stock and the heart die through my Cuttlebug.  The larger heart and the smaller heart are attached to the Peppermint Divine Twine with glue dots.   
 
 
Here is a better shot.  It is very clean and simple, but I think that it works well in my small space.
 
 
Now, I just couldn't let the medium sized hearts that were left over go to waste!  So, here is a card using them up.  
 
 
I glued the left over medium sized hearts to a red card stock panel to create an embossed look for the background.  My sweet bear from the TCP Bear Hugs set is colored up with Copic Markers (E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, and R00) and his heart is paper pieced.  The sentiment is from the TCP Gimme Some Sugar set.  I added some Dove Seam Binding, a button from my stash, and some Cherry Divine Twine.
 
I hope that you will be able to take some time and play along with the TCP Tuesday Challenge.  Remember, you have the whole month to join us and we can't wait to see what you come up with.  Thanks so much for visiting with me!  Have a Happy Tuesday!  Until next time...Toodles!  :D 


4 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Such a sweet banner and I love how you used the leftovers to make the card background.

Alma de la Rosa said...

Absolutely Darling!

Dana White said...

The banner looks great on the desk! And the card with the hearts is so sweet

Michele Boyer said...

Love your heart banner and TOTALLY adorable card!