Friday, March 26, 2010

Keeping It Simple!

Happy Friday everyone! It's Blogger's Challenge day...the best day of the week! Our challenge this week is a sketch from our wonderful "Challenge Mom" Lisa Somerville. I decided to use one of Pink Cat Studio's darling, digital owl images for this one. It's colored up with Copic markers (B0000, B00, B02, C0, E29, E33, E37, R81, R83, R85, YG13, YG17, and YR15) and I used my Nesties for the circles. My card base is Papertrey Ink's Kraft and I added some of my beloved, retired Stampin' Up Cool Caribbean. A touch of Stampin' Up's Regal Rose was added here and there (grosgrain ribbon and layered under the Hero Arts sentiment) along with some Kaiser Craft pearls to finish this simple creation off.

If you'd like to see some more inspiration with this sketch, then click here to see what the other Ladies in the Blogger's Challenge group have come up with. Thank you so much for stopping by today...Toodles! :D

23 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this owl is a HOOT! Love him - SOOO cute!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the image! Great use of this weeks sketch, wonderful spring colors!

MJ said...

This has to be one of the cutest owls I have ever seen! Adorable card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Adorable card- love the cute image- great coloring- this layout turned out really nicely!

Ida said...

Super Cute! That little owl image is adorable. I love the CAS look you created with this sketch.

Tami Black said...

This just makes me smile and I love how simple it is. The colors are absolutely perfect! Great job!

Nikki Bond said...

Very cute...what a great image and love the colors you used to color it all in...too cute! {SMILES}

BarbaraW said...

Great card. Love the colors and the owl is adorable.

Basement Stamper said...

Kimberly, those colors together are some of my favorites and I really like the image, so cute!

Marsha Fisher said...

Oh! I love this super cute image and soft colors :-)!!

Claudia Perry said...

that card makes me smile... image, colors and all

Lisa Martz said...

Adorable spring card!

Clara said...

It really did turn out cute. Great little owl image too. :)

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this is so cute! I love your image! Great card!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...TOO cute! Love that image...perfect for the sketch!

Lisa Bohler said...

This is just fantastic! I love the choice of color and that adorable image is wonderful!

Margaret Raburn said...

You card is darling! Love the colors and the touch of pearls is lovely!

Unknown said...

Too stinkin' cute!! I love that owl image and the colors you used!! Great job!!

Unknown said...

Too stinkin' cute!! I love that owl image and the colors you used!! Great job!!

Patti Chesky said...

Love this!!!! That owl is too cute!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great colors, luv the Owl...I think he said...here'z loookin' at ya!

Lori said...

Too cute!

Rachel Hope said...

Oh!!! So Cute!!!