Tuesday, April 21, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #27

Hello and Happy Tuesday! It's a gray and rainy day here in New England, but it's school vacation week, so I really don't mind...lol! Here is my card for this week's High Hopes Challenge. We are to distress our creations. I started off with my new tractor image from High Hopes. It's colored up with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. After it was cut to size, I ran my distressing tool along the top and bottom. Then I added a thin strip of Bashful Blue and a torn piece of Real Red to the top and bottom of that. I glued those layers to my Bashful Blue card base. Even though it's a little early for Father's Day, I can keep this card in my stash and be ahead of the game for once in awhile. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's retired When I Grow Up set. I finished it off with a polka dot button from Doodle Bug Designs and a little piece of red gingham. Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope that it's sunny and dry in your neck of the woods...Toodles! :D

10 comments:

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Hey Kimberly,
Thanks for popping by! Love your tractor card--great colouring and design--same with your Miss Zoe card. I love the blue and red combination. Your sympathy card using SU stamps is lovely too. What a talented woman you are!
Blessings,
Sarah

6 wacky women said...

Awesome card, Kimberly.
Fab coloring, great shading.
Love the layout too.

Karen x

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Kimberly!!...your coloring and distressing is Fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila

LeAnne said...

Very cute--your coloring is great! I don't have any HH stamps, but I know my dad would love this one!
LeAnne

Chris said...

Hi Kimberley, I love your card, that tractor is fabulous and so is your colouring! Great design and the colours of card look wonderful together. Chris :)

Kerry D-C said...

Oh my goodness! this is WAY CUTE!!!!

CraftyC said...

Love your card and that stamp is brilliant!
Clairex

Cindy Haffner said...

That is so darling, i love it!!!

Tammi said...

I don't remember seeing that cute image before, beautiful coloring...amazing card! xx

Amy said...

TOO CUTE! I haven't used this stamp yet... I LOVE the colours