Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm a lucky girl!!!

Last week, Her Royal Rubberness, Julie Ebersole, and Linda Carnell, the founder of A Muse Artstamps came to New England for a visit!!! I have had the pleasure of meeting Linda before. What a wonderful lady she is! This time around, I was fortunate enough to finally meet JULIE EBERSOLE!!! Yahoo! She is such a fun and happy person! Such a talent! Here I am with Julie! (Yes, I am even shorter than she is...lol!) Because I was finishing up my teaching re-certification classes this past weekend, I didn't have the opportunity to take one of their classes, but I made sure I drove out to the stamp store just so I could visit with them for a moment.

Being around all of this talent, I was inspired to use my A Muse stamps, and make some holiday ornaments for my mother-in-law. Her church was having their annual holiday craft fair. These little tins are actually wedding favor tins from Wilton. I got them in a package of 30 from Michaels. Julie told me that she uses watchmaker tins from leevalley.com to make her ornaments. I stamped all of my A Muse images on circles and then I adhered them to the inside of the tin. I made two little holes with my paper piercer for the silver cord. Next, I added a little bit of imitation snow (next time I'll try cotton...this was a bit messy for me...lol!), put the clear, metal rimmed, lid on and then ran red line tape around the outer edge of the tin. Over the tape, I added my gingham ribbon. Then I added a bow to the top to finish it off.




I'm sorry that the pictures are a bit all over the place. I had a little trouble in the editting and resizing department today...lol! I hope that you are warm and cozy where you are...Old Man Winter has arrived here and brought the cold weather with him! Thanks so much for stopping by...Toodles! :D

5 comments:

Tracy said...

You are a lucky girl! Isn't Julie amazing?! She is so full of energy and just an all around cool chick. So glad you had a chance to meet her.

LOVE, LOVE all of your ornaments. These would make excellent teacher gifts. Were did you get the containers?

Have a wonderful day!
Tracy

Kristen said...

Kim, these are so cute. I line in Nashua. Where did you get to see Julie? I know they were around Ink About it, and The paper Tree. I hope you had fun>

Stamp and Smile said...

I just LOVE these ornaments! So fun to make... thanks for sharing your talent! Smiles... :)

Dee Jackson said...

These are wonderful!!
How fun you got to meet Julie! Great picture!!

Clara said...

So glad you finally got to meet Julie. These little ornaments are really cute.