Friday, September 30, 2011

Just Fluttering By...

Happy Friday Friends! I hope that you had a wonderful week! I can honestly say that I'm glad today is Friday! It has been a long week! I'm really looking forward to a quiet weekend. I'm posting on the later side tonight because we just came in from shopping for a new clothes dryer. We started at one store, then tried another, and finally ended up back at the first store. Such a fun way to spend a Friday night...lol!

My card for today's post combines two of my favorite weekly challenges. I started off with these colors from The Cat's Pajama's Tuesday Challenge.

Then I paired this fun mix of colors with this wonderful sketch from Lisa Somerville for this week's Blogger's Challenge.

This is what I came up with when I put the two challenges together.

This adorable bunny, the sentiment, and all of the swirling butterflies are from the Flutter By set from The Cat's Pajamas. The bunny is colored up with Copic Markers (C0, C1, V05, V06, YG13, and the Colorless Blender.) The papers are from DCWV and My Mind's Eye. The ribbon and the button are from Stampin' Up! I added some sewing machine stitching around the edges and the white circle is embossed with the Seeing Spots embossing folder.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit with me! Have a wonderful weekend...Toodles! :D

15 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love this color combination, the pinks and green together are beautiful!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

cute card. Love the paper pieced bunny net and the stitching. Glad you found a dryer, but I agree, not the best way to spend a friday night.

Becky Rusher said...

Such a cute card, Kimberly!

Dana White said...

this is fabulous - the paper piecing is perfect

Linda McClain said...

Oh, what a cutie of a card. I love what you did with the butterflies. So cute.

Terry said...

Oh I do love this color combination! Cute card and this works so well for both challenges!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- the image is so sweet and love the sketch element where you used the butterflies- how perfect is that??? Great color combination!

Lisa Somerville said...

That floppy bunny is so dang cute! Fab use of the sketch, love the added colors and paper piecing!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Your cards always make me smile! Luv this, and I would have never thought of embossing that circle, will file that away and hope I can find it! hugs

Steph Herbert said...

Super cute card! I just love that stamp set!:)

Vicki Fraser said...

I like your butterflies, and the whole card is so neat and tidy. I wish I had that ability!

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful colors and I love the small butterflies. Congrats on the Cat Cash!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! The fluttering butterflies are perfect for the flourish!

Ida said...

What a Cute card. Love the paper piecing, color scheme and the embossing/texture. So fun.

Playing comment catch-up again today. So how's the new dryer?

Shirley said...

Your image is adorable, design wonderful, and a love those colors!