Saturday, September 3, 2011

Got the Blues!

Hello Friends! I hope that your week went well. We started school this past Tuesday, but many families in neighboring towns are still without power. Yesterday, I had to run a few errands after school (car accident paperwork, crafty shopping) and then my family and I had some dinner together and we went to play Mini Golf. It was a great evening! I found the Butterfly Die-namics from My Favorite Things when I went shopping. They jumped right into my basket and came home with me. (I did pay for them first though...LOL!) I have had this card saved on my computer for quite some time and I knew that the MFT Butterflies would give me similar results. Basically, I CASE'd Carrie's card. It's so pretty and I didn't really want to change things up too much.

This week's Blogger's Challenge is to make a creation with monochromatic shades of blue. You can find all of the details to play along on Lisa's Blog. I used my new Butterfly Die-namics with some old patterned paper scraps from Stampin' Up. I followed Carrie's design and then used some Bashful Blue ribbon in one corner and a birthday sentiment from My Favorite Things in the other. To make the butterfly centers sparkle, I added some blue A*Muse Twinkles. This card was quick and simple! Thanks so much for visiting with me today. Have a wonderful weekend...Toodles! :D

14 comments:

Kristie W. said...

What a pretty card design! Love it :)

Basement Stamper said...

Love the little butterfly trails! This die is one of my favorites although it's a little neglected.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your delicate blue butterflies, Kimberly. I plant a lot of flowers that attract butterflies and it has been so strange this year because there have been throngs of them and they are all yellow!! Is yellow the new black? rofl. Hugs, Gayle.

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this!!! The butterflies and their trails are AWESOME!!!

Yvonne Garner said...

What a lovely card! So sweet. Thanks for stopping by my blog with kind words. Best, Yvonne

Janice Kay Schaub said...

LOve the design and colour. Of course I love butterflys too
Does it wreck your sewing machine needles at all? or the machine?
Janice

Evelyn S. said...

This is totally lovely! That blue is so soft..and so perfect for those little butterflies. It's such a great design, as well.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Beautiful. I love the ribbon in the corner. Enjoy your day off today. Glad to hear you are back to school.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

How cute! luv your little stiches...and the card beldow this is a real hoot!

Terry said...

Love the path of butterflies! Beautiful use of blue! I wish I could tie a pretty bow!

Ida said...

How pretty! I love the soft feel your card has and the butterflies are just so lovely.

Nancy Hill said...

Very pretty, love the butterflies in flight!

Nancy Hill said...

Beautiful, love the butterflies in flight!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card, love the added piercing to the butterflies!