Friday, November 5, 2010

Being Patriotic!

Good Friday afternoon to you! I hope that you all had a wonderful week. It's been raining here for a couple of days (hence, the dark photograph), but all is GOOD!

This week's Blogger's Challenge is a Patriotic theme. I do not have too many stamps for that category, but I still wanted to play, so I headed over to Designed 2 Delight and found just what I was looking for. Faith has some adorable digital images and I really loved this wonderful birdhouse that she created. (Faith, I apologize for cutting off your copyright mark. I didn't realize it until it was too late. Please forgive me.) I colored it up with Copic Markers (B0000, B21, B23, B26, C1, E25, E29, E31, E33, R27, R29, Y21, Y32, YG67, YR18, and the Colorless Blender), and actually mounted it to an old card from my stash that I created about two years ago. I hadn't used the card and decided to recycle the image and make it into something that I thought would be a bit more useful. If I remember correctly, this was one of Mary Jo's Lunchtime Sketches. The papers are retired ones from Stampin' Up with some Bashful Blue and Real Red. The button is from Doodlebug Designs and the ribbons are from May Arts. I also used my Nesties for the circles.

Thank you for stopping by today. Please click on the Blogger's Challenge logo in my right side bar to see what the other Ladies have come up with. Toodles! :D

15 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the L.O. and the cute BG papers you used. Perfect Patriotic card!

Tami Black said...

I love the colors and this is one of my favorite sketches. Great card!

Marsha Fisher said...

Adorable (as always)! Love the birdie :0)

Lori said...

Just adorable! Fun patriotic card.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

I love this Kim,
The polka dot button is a great accent along with the gingham. Very cute!

JP Card Crazy said...

Grea card love the image and backgrounds as well as the layout!

Basement Stamper said...

You picked a great image, it is so cute! Love those papers too, I've been hoarding them for a long time.

Faith S. said...

This is so cute!! Thank you so much for sending me the link. It doesn't bother me that the copyright is cut off. :) I add it to my images so that it's with the digital file. If it were a wood-mounted rubber stamp, I would stick it to the block instead of the image itself.

BarbaraW said...

Darling card. Cute patriotic bird.

Cindy Haffner said...

Kim this is GORGEOUS!

Nikki Bond said...

What a cute image and I love the DSP you paired it with! Very cute! {SMILES}

Ida said...

Very charming. What a sweet little birdhouse image. Love that paper (I still have a little left).

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute image, wonderful design and coloring!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a darling way to honor our country! I love that the little bird is happy to be in America!

Barbara said...

Another great one! Cute, cute image...perfect for the patriotic theme!