Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yippee...No School!!!

Oh happy day! My school has a day off today! A very nice unexpected treat! The power went out just after noon time yesterday and now they are having some problems with the boiler. So...no heat, means no school! This happened at a great time because my new Trendy Trees set from Stampin' Up just arrived and I really wanted to play! What a fun set! The main colors are Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, and Pumpkin Pie. I also used the flower/circle from the True Friend set. The little hills for the trees are made from some Bali Breezes DSP, and the two panels are from the Bella Rose DSP pack. I added a couple loops of May Arts ribbon, a row of paper piercing after the sentiment (which you really need x-ray vision to see...lol), a couple of Making Memories brads in the corner, and my punches came in very handy to finish this card off. I must admit. I am more pleased with this creation than my last post. Amazing what a day off from teaching can do for a stamping girl...lol! Oh my, I almost forgot! This sketch is from Splitcoaststampers. It's SC195. I originally thought that I was doing this week's sketch challenge, but when I finished my card, I realized I clicked on the wrong link. Oh well, I'm just happy to have extra stamping time! Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful one! I'll be back some time tomorrow for Blogger's Challenge...Toodles! :D

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ahhhh, so nice....I had to have this set and haven't played with it once...I am "saving" it, I guess for when I have relaxed time to play! Very clever way of making the hills, I love it!
LeAnne

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I love your card!! I am so casing this one!! TFS!

Kimberly Gajewski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.