Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Warm Hello!

This card was created for the sketch challenge over on the Spoon Full of Sugar blog. I haven't been able to play with one of their challenges in ages. It's so nice to have a little time off from work!

I would have posted yesterday, but we had a little situation here that included a visit from the Fire Department!!! Everyone is safe, but when I arrived home, our Carbon Monoxide detectors were going off..ugh! We don't really know what caused the problem exactly, but we have a new detector now and everything seems to be alright...Thank goodness!

Now back to the card details. I have been really working hard and practicing with my Prisma Premier Colored Pencils. I hope it shows! The High Hopes Stamp images are perfect for coloring! I ordered some new ones last evening because I'm sure that you are tired of seeing the same few that I have...lol! The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I was inspired by the plaid patterned paper from Scenic Route...hence the olive colored cowboy hat...lol! The green patterned paper is from Stampin' Up along with all of the card stock (Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, and Close to Cocoa). I used my Nesties, a few different EK Success punches, some copper brads from Making Memories, and a touch of faux stitching to complete my card. I wish you all a wonderful Wednesday, and thank you for visiting today...Toodles! :D

7 comments:

SCRAP DIDI said...

OH !!
is very very pretty card !!
i love colors and i love COW
hugs didi

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fab card Kimberly, such a cute image and i love the wonderful dp. Hugs Nikki x

Anonymous said...

How lovely is that! It's really warm hello:)Image is so cute, lovely cow!

Lauren said...

This is so cute. I love the papers you chose.

aardvarkpest said...

Fab card. Great choice of colours and papers.

Glenda

Denise said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful! I love your color choices, they all go so beautifully together. (Even the one you don't like, I love it!) Great job!

Clara said...

So glad all is well and it ended up being nothing serious! You put this card together just perfectly,and using another adorable image.