Monday, August 18, 2008

Tracy's Sketch Challenge

My sweet friend Tracy started doing challenges over on her blog, Eat, Sleep, Stamp! Just click on her blog's name for the details and then you can play along too if you'd like.

Last Thursday's Challenge was this delightful sketch! It has been forever and a day since I've inked up my beloved A Muse stamps, so needless to say, I really enjoyed this challenge! The image, sentiment, stitched ribbon, and 4-Bar Notecard are all from A Muse. I used some chocolate colored cardstock and a strip of Rich Amber cardstock from Core'dinations (Don't forget the Core'dinations sale over at Storage Units, Ink and More) to accent the green notecard. I made the sun with a tiny circle stamp that I've had in my stash since I first started stamping. It has finally been put to good use. I inked it up with Colorbox Chalk ink in Bisque and then added a touch of Tangerine to the edges.

This card turned out exactly how I envisioned it. That doesn't happen too often...lol! Thanks so much for stopping by...Toodles!!! :D

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Yah girl!!!! I'm just *tickled* you played along in my sketch challenge. This came out fantastic!! I wish I were laying on that hammock right now. I hope you had fun. {{HUGS}}, Tracy

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OoO I really like this. I want to go there right now!!! :) Great image and paper as always. I love your style!!
((I totally just read tracys comment .. lol.. guess we all want to be there right now! :) ))

Nancy said...

You did an awesome take on that sketch Kimberly!! I think this is SO cute!! I really like the colors you used here....very nice!!

Catherine said...

I just love that image, remind me of being back home (Philippines). Too cute!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Great design Kimberly and I love the colour scheme and dp, great image and sentiment, Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

This card is nice and relaxing! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the sketch challenge! This is such a restful card...so well done! TFS: Tinla

Anonymous said...

I love your card...makes me feel like I'm at the beach.

Lauren said...

Fabulous card. The image and bg paper are sweet!