Friday, August 15, 2008

Blogger's Challenge Friday!

Thank goodness it's Friday! What a crazy and exhausting week it has been for me! I'm glad that I could finally have a chance to stamp today for this week's Blogger's Challenge (a birthday card). It has been awhile, but I've made a card with only Stampin' Up products...can ya believe it...lol! I started with my little bird friend from the Pun Fun set. I inked him up with Black Stazon and stamped him onto watercolor paper. He's colored up with Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Not Quite Navy inks. I did a little piercing around the image too. The Old Olive panel is embossed with my Swiss Dots embossing folder in my 'Bug. I then added some Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon and I used some designer paper from the Summer Picnic pack. I need a birthday card for a little family friend of ours so hopefully he will like this one. Many of the ladies in the challenge group were able to play today as well, so when you have a chance, be sure to check out what they've done here. Thanks so much for stopping by today...Toodles!!! :D

18 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Cute, cute, cute...this is the second card today that I've seen with this same bird...he sure is adorable...and your card rocks. Love the swiss dot background and your colors are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Love the colors and the layout!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

What a HAPPY card! It just makes me smile! Thanks!!

Connie Fossenier said...

Love how your embossed the background..beautifully colored image of the bird.
Swiss dots are so versatile and gotta love birds.
Connie Paxman

MJ said...

I just never get tired of seeing this little guy. He is so cute. I love how you did the layout. Super job.

Connie Babbert said...

Love it! I used the same birdie...he is just TOO cute! Love the swiss dot embossing folder, too!

Anonymous said...

Great layout, I really like your colour choice too. Cute card, awesome.

:) Marcia

Unknown said...

Very cute - I like your ribbons and the colors are great!

Lisa Bohler said...

Love the texture and patterns that you've combined on this card! So cute!

Basement Stamper said...

Wowzer, this card is great. Love the color combination of it and the little front of the birdie is awesome!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is real cute Kimberly and I love the little character and his sentiment. Love the colour scheme too, Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Ida said...

So cute! I started to use that image but I am lousy at watercoloring. You did a fantastic job.

Chrissy D said...

I love how the Swiss Dots match your paper piercing. This card is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Fabulous design! TFS!

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Very cute. Love the layout.

Lori said...

Cute card! I really like the color combination.

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautifully put together. It's so cheerful and bright. Perfect birthday card, sure to bring many smiles...

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

very cute!!! i just love your layout!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cheerful card! You do such a great job in putting everything together. Your little friend will love it! TFS: Tinla