Monday, February 18, 2008

Double Challenge!!


Things have been so busy lately around here, but thankfully, this week is school vacation!! With vacation, comes a little more time for stamping!

Last night, I finally had a few moments to really poke around the new A Muse Addicts site. If you love all things A Muse, Elzybells, and Saltbox Studio then this is the place for you! I decided to participate in this week's challenge which is to use doodling of some sort in your creation. Never having been the best of doodlers, I went with little doodle dots. I'm not a huge fan of empty space on my cards, so sometimes I add a little clup of polka dots here and there to fill in the space. It works for me...lol! I also paired up this challenge with Sweet Miss Daisy's Sketch Challenge. I am trying to maximize my time this week and I have been wanting to do that one for awhile now.

Now onto the details...Elzy is inked in Black Stazon and stamped on Papertrey White Card Stock. She is colored up with watercolor pencils and a blender pen and then I added the little dots with a fine tip marker. My A Muse sentiment was punched out with my Mini Scalloped Oval Punch from Punch Bunch and I sponged a little Pumpkin Pie around the edges. The Pumpkin Pie and Night of Navy colors were pulled from my Chatterbox Patterned Paper (Light Poolhouse Vines and Stripes). I just love how Michelle Wooderson can always put such beautiful patterns together, so I thought that I'd give it a try! Some Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain was added to the side, and there you have it...my Double Challenge card!

I couldn't quite figure out how to leave the blog candy that I am offering at the top of my blog, but if you're interested in some Studio G Clear Stamps, head on down to the previous post. So glad that you could stop by...Toodles! :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I was just looking at your card when I received your comment for my card...Thanks so much! I love your doodling, the softness and the colors of your card. It's so pretty! Chatterbox papers are one of my favorites too. :)

Nancy said...

This is adorable I love your "doodling" on it! That layout is so cute...I've been meaning to try that one out myself after seeing it on Anna's blog. I nominated you for an "Excellent Blog" award over on my blog!!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

VERY sweet card! Love that image! Glad you had time to enjoy my sketch challenge! -Anna.

freshaircrafting said...

I love the doodle dots!!

Tracy said...

This came out SOOOOO adorable. Your coloring is fantastic!!!

Marcia said...

I love this card! It's great!

Claudia said...

What a beautiful card! I am a new visitor to your blog, and I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! TFS: Tinla